Pandemic Kitchen renos - hey home anyhow

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board

Re: Pandemic Kitchen renos - hey home anyhow

Post by Lady tehMa »

normaM wrote:friends are a bit freaked, they like the kitchen as it is.. but the cabinets just are nothing I would have selected.
Bigger the kitchen, more cleaning Lady :)
When I do mine (eventually) I'm taking out the L-shape and putting in an island. Then, on the far wall, I get rid of the china cabinet and cart that holds the toaster oven, and the small filing cabinet. Those will get replaced by cabinets that will run almost floor-to-ceiling, with a break for a counter. More storage (tidy storage) and gets rid of clutter while using the space more efficiently. With the extra counter space, I can move the coffee maker and accessories over there. I have been planning this for a few years. But windows first.
PLEASE use spellcheck. If that is too hard, consider installing the Grammarly (free!) app that will not only spellcheck for you (AND offer corrections!) but also make sure that your sentences are grammatically correct.

You're welcome.
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by normaM »

well that was a learning experience. PLace I selected, spent a bunch of time - crickets back. Guess they have bigger jobs. A problem trying to reno during a pandemic when everyone else is doing the same thing as they stuck at home
So taking that money and having the house exterior painted. They figure about a week.
Sun has faded the stucco - going with the same colors tho - except some changes to a few areas
Hope the weather gets good fast, can't get windows done or power washing decks til painting done and well dried

I create my own stressors
AIADMF
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Everyone I know just about are doing renos and most have started at the same time - looking at 3 weeks to the end of May for some trades right now and I doubt it's going to get any faster with the nicer weather supposedly around the corner. Good luck.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by normaM »

The painters are for certain. I am about the last job they are taking - fully booked thru the Spring/summer
Meanwhile friends have been told their fridge is backordered again - 3 months and counting
AIADMF

Return to “Creative Endeavours”