Bread Machine

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
alanjh595
Buddha of the Board

Re: Bread Machine

Post by alanjh595 »

Okay ....... question/s .....

I have NO EXPERIENCE with bagels, neither heating nor eating them.

I have a toaster oven with a "Bagel" setting.
~~~How is this setting different from the other obvious settings?
~~~~~~Does it toast on only 1 side? and if so,
~~~~~~~~~what side of a bagel gets toasted? Inside or outside?
~~~What temp. should I use?

I am assuming, that it is the inside and that I should put the bagel in face up. Am I correct?
Bring back the LIKE button.
kgcayenne
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kgcayenne »

Bsuds wrote: Sep 16th, 2021, 9:03 am
oneh2obabe wrote: Have you tried the toast feature on the Cuisinart convection air fryer?
Tried that this morning and it worked better than the toaster.
Would you two please tell me more about the Cuisinart. We might have to replace our toaster soon, and have been looking at toaster oven/convection ovens (often marketed as 'air fryers').
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

How can anyone reach the "long in the tooth" age and never eaten a bagel? Poppy seed Montreal bagels are the best but you can't get/find either here. Sesame seed or everything bagels are good but you have to find and prepare to pay for a brand that isn't bread disguised as a bagel.

Bagel setting varies from toaster manufacturer to toaster manufacturer but the rule of thumb is:

The bagel setting deactivates or lowers the power on the outer heating elements. It's the inner elements that get up to toasting temperature which has the effect of toasting the cut surface of the bagel while only warming the outer surface.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

kgcayenne wrote: Sep 16th, 2021, 2:42 pm Would you two please tell me more about the Cuisinart. We might have to replace our toaster soon, and have been looking at toaster oven/convection ovens (often marketed as 'air fryers').
Sudsy and I got the TOA-60C AirFryer Toaster Oven. I got mine on sale at Visions Electronics and is was delivered in 2 days. Would have ordered from Amazon but delivery was 7-10 days from date of order.

https://www.cuisinart.ca/fs-air-fryer.html?lang=en

Visions has it on sale for $228.00.
https://www.visions.ca/product-detail/3 ... ku=TOA-60C

Amazon.ca's regular price is $228.00
https://www.amazon.ca/CUISINART-TOA-60C ... ljaz10cnVl

Check out the video on Amazon to see the various functions.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I am quite happy with the Cuisinart Air Fryer/Toaster Oven. It does a pretty good job at everything we throw at it.
The Air Fryer is good but for some things we have gone back to an oil fryer.

Some things we use it constantly for are, Bacon, Half Baked Potatoes, Garlic Toast, Tater Gems, (now doing in oil fryer for large batches). We have done Chicken Wings in it too which came out good. It's great for reheating Pizza, Chicken, etc.

It did a good job on my large slice of bread this morning that pushes the limits of the regular toaster.
All my passwords are protected by amnesia!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Bread Machines

Post by Bsuds »

I picked up a Breville bread maker on FB marketplace awhile back.

I am enjoying making my own bread and did a 12 grain today with just using Applesauce for the liquid.

It didn't rise as much as I would like but boy it sure has a nice flavor.

I used a homemade Applesauce as well.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Bread Machines

Post by Bsuds »

It makes awesome toast!
kgcayenne
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kgcayenne »

So, we ended up with a Ninja Foodi 8-in-1 ‘air fryer’. We are loving it, and it suits our needs beautifully.

I opened a closet recently and discovered a bread machine. It’s going to the recycler this weekend unless someone else wants it. Don’t ask me the brand or anything: I don’t know, it makes horizontal bread and I don’t want it taking up space.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board

Post by Lady tehMa »

I would be interested, if still available?
PLEASE use spellcheck. If that is too hard, consider installing the Grammarly (free!) app that will not only spellcheck for you (AND offer corrections!) but also make sure that your sentences are grammatically correct.

You're welcome.

Return to “Creative Endeavours”