Canning salsa

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board

Canning salsa

Post by Lady tehMa »

I picked tomatoes and peppers last night and I was going to can some salsa - has anyone got a good recipe?

A friend on the board sent me a pm about a sale on food items (not related) and I was going to ask her because I can count on her to have recipes but I couldn't send a pm (?) She must have turned them off for some reason.

Anyway - show me your recipes, please :)
PLEASE use spellcheck. If that is too hard, consider installing the Grammarly (free!) app that will not only spellcheck for you (AND offer corrections!) but also make sure that your sentences are grammatically correct.

You're welcome.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Canning salsa

Post by oneh2obabe »

Oops - thought I'd turned it on. My other computer with all my files and recipes crashed - it's going to the repair shop tomorrow. Hopefully they can get it up 'n running but if not, they'll try to recover my files.

Here's a Keto salsa you might enjoy - took a quick glance through the recipe and it looks good - might make a couple of jars for myself. If you want to can some, sterilize jars and lids, then fill leaving 1/4" to 1/2" headspace; run a knife or offset spatula around inside of jars to remove any air pockets. Now it's time for the water bath - place rack in bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water using a holder. Leave a 2" space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1" above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 35 minutes.

https://thatlowcarblife.com/keto-salsa/
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Canning salsa

Post by Randall T »

We had a lot of cherry tomatoes left that didn't ripen because of the screwed up seasons this year. So I brought them in and let them do their thing indoors. I took half of them and cut them up, simmered them with black pepper, onion, taco seasoning (instead of salt), cumin, and chopped up pickled jalapenos and a few liberal dashes of Valentina hot sauce. No particular measurements, just a bit of this and that. I let it simmer until it thickened and then put it in the fridge for immediate use. The other half I will do pretty much the same and put it in freezer bags, flattened with the air squished out, for future use. The taste is so much fresher this way than canning and is definitely easier. IMHO anyway.
I birn quil I se

Return to “Creative Endeavours”