Vancouver Canucks

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing.

Re: Vancouver Canucks

Postby GordonH » Mar 9th, 2018, 1:18 pm

Steve-O wrote:Canucks management is doing a bang up job and I, for one, would love them to keep at it. Re signing the twins to another long term deal is priority number one followed by trading Boeser before he gets too expensive.

Signed,

Flames Fan

When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.

my5cents likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 7006 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby my5cents » Mar 9th, 2018, 1:51 pm

Bsuds wrote:Except for a couple of names I recognize there's not many on that list.

Maybe they should trade Benning?

Do you recall Benning as a player for the Canucks ? That would answer your question.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
my5cents
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1092 posts

Postby GordonH » Mar 9th, 2018, 1:58 pm

Bsuds wrote:Except for a couple of names I recognize there's not many on that list.

Maybe they should trade Benning?

my5cents wrote:Do you recall Benning as a player for the Canucks ? That would answer your question.

1986-90/246 games/15 goals/55 assists
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Postby Poindexter » Mar 10th, 2018, 8:32 am

Steve-O wrote:Canucks management is doing a bang up job and I, for one, would love them to keep at it. Re signing the twins to another long term deal is priority number one followed by trading Boeser before he gets too expensive.

Signed,

Flames Fan

Haven't we done enough for the Flames already after passing on Matthew Tkachuk? I'm still hopeful that Olli Juolevi was smart draft but it's painful to watch how good Matthew Tkachuk has been. His grit and scoring touch was exactly what the Canucks needed but for some misguided reason, Benning passed him to the Flames. Not a wise draft in my opinion but time will tell.

Then there are the other trades. We got Baertschi and you drafted Rasmus Andersson with the Canuck pick. Sven scored 18 and looks like he'll be a top 6 forward, Rasmus looks like he'll be a good top 4 defender so that trade was a wash IMHO.

Then there is the Granlund for Hunter Shinkaruk trade. That one has to be considered a win for the Canucks with Granlund scoring 19 in 69 games last year and Hunter struggling bad.

All in all both teams have done each other some favours but have to give your Flames the edge overall because even if Olli Juolevi turns out to be an NHL'er, Matthew Tkachuk should be a Canuck. :cry:
Poindexter
Guru

Liked in: 3994 posts

Postby GordonH » Mar 13th, 2018, 12:54 pm

Canucks are 4 points out of having worse record in NHL in 2017-18 season, of course on flip side if they can achieve having the worst record. They get the best chance at highest draft pick.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Postby Poindexter » Mar 13th, 2018, 2:44 pm

I hate to be a glass is half empty kind of fan but I fully expect the Canucks to drop 3 places in the draft lottery for yet another year.
Poindexter
Guru

Liked in: 3994 posts

Postby GordonH » Mar 13th, 2018, 3:01 pm

Poindexter wrote:I hate to be a glass is half empty kind of fan but I fully expect the Canucks to drop 3 places in the draft lottery for yet another year.

Top pick at this years entry draft has been compared to Erik Karlsson of Ottawa.

Rasmus Dahlin, if that comparison is correct then he would be someone that a team (any team) could build around.

Bottom 14 teams & their percentage chance of winning the draft lottery (so #1 is worst team):
1) 20.0% Currently Arizona
2) 13.5% Currently Buffalo
3) 11.5% Currently Vancouver
4) 9.5% Currently Ottawa
5) 8.5% Currently Montreal
6) 7.5%
7) 6.5%
8) 6.0%
9) 5.0%
10) 3.5%
11) 3.0%
12) 2.5%
13) 2.0%
14) 1.0%

Added later: there is another Tkachuk (in top 5 entry picks) who is consider better then Mathew

Poindexter likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Postby GordonH » Apr 28th, 2018, 7:55 pm

Well, there are absolutely no 4 leaf clovers within Canucks organization.

Poindexter likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Previous

Return to Sports / Great Outdoors