Gyms in Kelowna

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
caracal84

Gyms in Kelowna

Post by caracal84 »

Hi, as the topic name suggests I am looking for good gym in Kelowna. Needs to have a swimming pool, good selection of cardio machine and weights stuff! as for location will be living near Spall so anywhere around that area would be good, cheers!
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Parkinson Rec?
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
tawnylee
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by tawnylee »

The YMCA up in rutland, or Parkinson Rec Center...
here's the link for Parkinson fees http://www.kelowna.ca/CityPage/Docs/PDF ... mation.pdf
“When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.”
~Harriet Beecher Stowe
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

If you're female, The Woman's Place at Spall and Springfield was a great place to go (I don't know if they still are, though). You can find out more about them if you google The Woman's Place.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Jo wrote:If you're female, The Woman's Place at Spall and Springfield was a great place to go (I don't know if they still are, though). You can find out more about them if you google The Woman's Place.

There is no pool. Most gyms don't have one.

The rec centres are pretty much the best bet. I believe the Grand used to have a fitness centre, it does have a pool.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
caracal84

Post by caracal84 »

thanks for the replies. I have been to the parkinson rec centre, the cardio equipment seems to be a little out dated, is this really the only gym in down town which also has a swimming pool?

cheers.
PITA
Board Meister

Post by PITA »

Until the aquatic center gets built in the Mission (Capital News Centre) the PRC is your best bet unless you can drive out to the YMCA. I no longer work out at the PRC as I joined a gym closer to home but the gym itself is fine. They just upgraded the weight room recently and I never found a problem with any of the cardio machines in the facility. It's a friendly gym if you give it a chance. If you have young children, they offer child minding services and it is a really decent price.

The Capital News center has a gym but the prices are high.
Yellow Sprinkles
Board Meister

Post by Yellow Sprinkles »

The YMCA in Rutland was updated just a couple years ago and I like it their very much.
People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of their character.
- Emerson
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Global Gym (formerly Gold's) has a pool, I am not sure if it is still in use though. They also have: squash; raquetball; wallyball; and tennis, both indoor and outdoor.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Snickerdoodle
Board Meister

Post by Snickerdoodle »

We belong to th Grand Gym. Great selection of weights, has the pool, hot tub and sauna. Plus included in your price you get to choose from the different fitness classes and yoga classes, and aqua fit. They are included in the cost. Its about 40 dollars a month, goes down to 35 a month if two of you sign up for a year. We signed up for 6 months because I thought I wouldn't use it in the summer, but we absolutely love it, so we'll do a year next time.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”