How Do I Start?

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Sterling has 2.5 grams of carbohydrates per bottle
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

Like I said, I need a low calorie alternative to diet coke in a WW world.

1 Light beer = 2 points
1 rum & diet coke = 1.3 points

You do the math!!! :)
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

Fancy wrote:Sterling has 2.5 grams of carbohydrates per bottle

What is the fibre, calorie, and fat content in it?
eyepop
Lord of the Board

Post by eyepop »

Bretbaby wrote:What is the fibre, calorie, and fat content in it?

0, 88, 0.

"..less than five percent of the alcohol calories you drink are turned into fat. Rather, the main effect of alcohol is to reduce the amount of fat your body burns for energy...."

the main fate of alcohol is conversion into a substance called acetate....this sharp rise in acetate puts the brakes on fat loss....

http://www.thefactsaboutfitness.com/res ... lcohol.htm
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

eyepop wrote:
Bretbaby wrote:What is the fibre, calorie, and fat content in it?

0, 88, 0.

Still 2 points..

eyepop wrote:"..less than five percent of the alcohol calories you drink are turned into fat. Rather, the main effect of alcohol is to reduce the amount of fat your body burns for energy...."

the main fate of alcohol is conversion into a substance called acetate....this sharp rise in acetate puts the brakes on fat loss....

http://www.thefactsaboutfitness.com/res ... lcohol.htm

This isn't rocket science..
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Bretbaby wrote:Like I said, I need a low calorie alternative to diet coke in a WW world.

1 Light beer = 2 points
1 rum & diet coke = 1.3 points

You do the math!!! :)
Water - rum and water, or lots of ice, or OJ?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

Bretbaby wrote:
kingsandman wrote:Stay away from the diet coke! google"diet pop", and start reading, it's the last thing you want if you're trying to lose weight.

I'm scared to look. And I've heard this many times. I drink it often, especially with my rum.

Any other GOOD suggestions for an alternative to rum & diet coke? Preferably low-no calorie one? (0 points in a Weight Watchers world)

So I finally took to looking up aspartame. Found some alarming sites. Also found this:

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp
hereiamagain
Übergod

Post by hereiamagain »

I used to use equal, and splenda. have since switched to stevia.

you can get the packets from extra foods - it tastes pretty gross if you use too much - half a packet in the coffee is even somewhat strong (for me) - definitely dont put it on grapefruit, you'll be puckered for an hour.

I am happy with stevia, it's natural from what I have read, 0 carbs, etc.
I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Bretbaby wrote:
Bretbaby wrote:
kingsandman wrote:Stay away from the diet coke! google"diet pop", and start reading, it's the last thing you want if you're trying to lose weight.

I'm scared to look. And I've heard this many times. I drink it often, especially with my rum.

Any other GOOD suggestions for an alternative to rum & diet coke? Preferably low-no calorie one? (0 points in a Weight Watchers world)

So I finally took to looking up aspartame. Found some alarming sites. Also found this:

Good for you. I would say most of those alarmist sites are plain quackery.
You will find ones regarding metal fillings, Splenda, and a wide variety of other things being blamed for all the world's ills. Most of them are either flogging some "miracle product" which will "detoxify" you, or are sponsored by some fringe group.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

gardengirl wrote:
Bretbaby wrote:
Bretbaby wrote:

Good for you. I would say most of those alarmist sites are plain quackery.
You will find ones regarding metal fillings, Splenda, and a wide variety of other things being blamed for all the world's ills. Most of them are either flogging some "miracle product" which will "detoxify" you, or are sponsored by some fringe group.

You see, that's what I always thought. Don't eat this or that because it could cause cancer. Don't do this or that because you could get a disease. I never really paid attention to the aspartame claim, but thought I'd finally check it out.

I'm sure with anything, moderation is the key.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Bretbaby wrote:I'm sure with anything, moderation is the key.

Well, except perhaps cyanide...
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”