What's going on with the Maple Leafs?

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
proud_daddy3
Fledgling

What's going on with the Maple Leafs?

Post by proud_daddy3 »

Hey guys! I was just wondering what you guys think will help these leafs? rumors spilling rite now that they are gonna shake up office with gm and coach firing, but do you think thatll help, or is it a player issue. :7500:
Leafs Fan Forever TML!!! I Bleed Blue & White!
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Whats going on with the Maple LeAfS?

Post by Catz »

proud_daddy3 wrote:Hey guys! I was just wondering what you guys think will help these leafs? rumors spilling rite now that they are gonna shake up office with gm and coach firing, but do you think thatll help, or is it a player issue. :7500:

They are Leafs...that's the problem.... :12077:
They are nice in the summer but lay dead on the ground in winter :127:
BoB76
Guru

Re: What's going on with the Maple LeafS?

Post by BoB76 »

proud_daddy3 wrote:Hey guys! I was just wondering what you guys think will help these leafs? rumors spilling rite now that they are gonna shake up office with gm and coach firing, but do you think thatll help, or is it a player issue. :7500:

It's probably a fan issue.
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
ktowner
Fledgling

Post by ktowner »

I think it is hilarious, everyone in Leafville hitting the panic button. Can't wait to see what transpires and who's head gets put on the chopping block, all too funny.
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

Bye bye Leafs! I'm tired of TSN & HNIC planning parade routes for the Leafs. I'm glad there is so much turmoil there. John Ferguson should have never been hired there. If they choose to fire him and hire someone else, they better do it soon, or else they are going to go further down in the dumpster.

:130:
proud_daddy3
Fledgling

Post by proud_daddy3 »

i totally agree with that last statement bretbaby. jr has never been one to make any good trades. keeping the club down in the process., but at least a win last night will spark positive for the leafs.
ktowner
Fledgling

Post by ktowner »

Maple Leafs = Emotional Rollercoaster, when things are good theyre good, and when theyre bad theyre BAAAAD.

Maybe trade Sundin to Canucks, he would look good with the Sedin twins.
tawnylee
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by tawnylee »

I'll trade Sundin for Nasi.....
(like it's up to me, lol)
“When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.”
~Harriet Beecher Stowe
mikelowna

Post by mikelowna »

Only way to get started on fixin The Make Me Laughs is right at the top.

Their ownership is in chaos...a total mess

Then get rid of the GM and Coach and Sundin's time has come as well.

Bring back Johnny Bower
proud_daddy3
Fledgling

Post by proud_daddy3 »

ya, i agrree with the whole replacing front office. the leafs are doing awesome though lately, won again last night in a shootout. :smt023 something we all know they havent been to good at. seems like all the players needed was a little scare with trade threats. good stuff guys. keep it up on saturday and sunday. GO LEAFS LOL. :130:
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

proud_daddy3 wrote:ya, i agrree with the whole replacing front office. the leafs are doing awesome though lately, won again last night in a shootout. :smt023 something we all know they havent been to good at. seems like all the players needed was a little scare with trade threats. good stuff guys. keep it up on saturday and sunday. GO LEAFS LOL. :130:

I was listening to interesting radio thing 2 days ago on the way back from Van. about the Leafs.

They said Toronto has the number one fan base and the biggest market...something like that...anyway, that what they needed to do was fire all the top people to get things going, and...bring in...I think? it was Pat quin....I can't remember now...but someone who can straiten it out. But the problem was because the market was so high and the 'big people' were making so much money even the Leafs are doing so bad, that they don't need to make any changes, because they still make so much money. He also said that 'fans' are part of the problem as well, as they support their team no matter what and fill every seat , every game, and the money from leaf ' stuff', still is off the wall. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion, but he said that if the fans stopped doing this and the sales went down, then the big people would be forced to make changes as now they WERE losing money. Does that make sense?
SpazmoTheMagnificent
Übergod

Re: What's going on with the Maple Leafs?

Post by SpazmoTheMagnificent »

What has been happening to the Leafs my entire life!
lol
daedalus
Board Meister

Post by daedalus »

i just think they hit a bad streak.

And if you hit a bad streak and play in a hockey mad city as Toronto is, watch out!!

They won 3 stright games and suddenly all was calm...
Penguin avatar: http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/1816/penguinsnc5.gif
The poor penguin gets revenge: http://www.coolavatars.net/avatars/13/penguin_revenge.gif

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”