Kelowna Rockets

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Kelowna Rockets

Post by jaz301 »

hockeyfan1970 wrote: Oops thinking Portland & typed Spokane. :dyinglaughing: Thanks jaz for pointing that out.

They would have better luck against Chiefs. lol

lol had a feeling it was a typo.

I don't know. Rockets seem to play better against the top teams so you never know what could happen in the playoffs.
Life is too sho......
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Bring On Portland!!

Kal Tire WHL Western Conference Quarter-Final
PORTLAND VS. KELOWNA

Game 1 - Fri Mar 23 7:00 PM Kelowna at Portland (Memorial Coliseum)
Game 2 - Sat Mar 24 7:00 PM Kelowna at Portland (Memorial Coliseum)
Game 3 - Tues Mar 27 7:05 PM Portland at Kelowna
Game 4 - Thurs Mar 29 7:05 PM Portland @ Kelowna
Game 5 - Sat Mar 31 7:00 PM Kelowna @ Portland **
Game 6 - Mon Apr 2 7:05 PM Portland @ Kelowna **
Game 7 - Wed Apr 4 7:00 PM Kelowna @ Portland **
Life is too sho......
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

jaz301 wrote:Bring On Portland!!

Kal Tire WHL Western Conference Quarter-Final
PORTLAND VS. KELOWNA

Game 1 - Fri Mar 23 7:00 PM Kelowna at Portland (Memorial Coliseum)
Game 2 - Sat Mar 24 7:00 PM Kelowna at Portland (Memorial Coliseum)
Game 3 - Tues Mar 27 7:05 PM Portland at Kelowna
Game 4 - Thurs Mar 29 7:05 PM Portland @ Kelowna
Game 5 - Sat Mar 31 7:00 PM Kelowna @ Portland **
Game 6 - Mon Apr 2 7:05 PM Portland @ Kelowna **
Game 7 - Wed Apr 4 7:00 PM Kelowna @ Portland **

Go

Go
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

To bad Shaw Kelowna isn't showing Kelowna vs Portland, instead of Victoria vs Kamloops. Just a thought to any Shaw people reading this.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

hockeyfan1970 wrote:To bad Shaw Kelowna isn't showing Kelowna vs Portland, instead of Victoria vs Kamloops. Just a thought to any Shaw people reading this.

That serious is prob going to be over in 4. I didn't think they were going to show rockets series, but couldn't they show a more interesting one like Spokane and Vancouver. That will be a good series I bet.

Guess we will just have to listen to radio which isn't bad I guess when you have Regan Bartel doing the pbp. Always keeps me on the edge of my seat.
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

(quote="hockeyfan1970" To bad Shaw Kelowna isn't showing Kelowna vs Portland, instead of Victoria vs Kamloops. Just a thought to any Shaw people reading this.)

jaz301 wrote: That serious is prob going to be over in 4. I didn't think they were going to show rockets series

You may very well be right, but what hell Kelowna has more Rocket fans than Blazer fans. :dyinglaughing:

But those who want to watch can pay $7.95 here http://whl.neulion.com/whl/
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

I was thinking of getting the series pass for that then I am like if its a 4 game series that is a waste of $26. If it goes to game 7 (which I am hoping it does, but I don't know how likely that will be) I will just get the individual game
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

4 to 0 loss tonight for Kelowna now down 2 games to none. Not looking very promising.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Portland won their two games at home so now Rockets have to do the same thing (how likely is that considering rocket home record this season?)

Also what was with Bulmer tonight? 3 Kneeing penalties and one was a major with a game misconduct.

Penalties.png
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

So Kelowna has been out scored 16 to 6 in first 3 games, Thursday is do or clean out your locker night.

Go

Go
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Ty Rattie has 6 goals which is as many as the whole rockets team. Rockets Played probably the best they have in this series yet still lose. Portland is just too good of a team I guess. Lets just hope rockets can win game 4 though and avoid the sweep. Winning games 5, 6, and 7 would also be nice. :dyinglaughing: like that will happen.

Just wait though. Rockets have a young team so in a couple years all these young players will be older and I expect rockets will have a very good team.
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

See you in the Fall, Kelowna Rockets have good summer.

Next season could be you moving on to second round.

MWDynomite

Post by MWDynomite »

It was a good game last night but nothing can stop Rattie and Baertschi. It was nice to see Cody Chikie put in so much effort in his last game. He was definitely the best Rocket of the third period. Next year Cooke will be starter and I think he has the capability of being a top WHL netminder.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Together Rattie and Baertschi had 24 points combined. Rockets could not just find a way to stop them. They put up a good fight last night. Better luck next season. I agree Cooke will be a good goalie. I am not sure he will be as amazing as Brown was, but he will be pretty damn good.
Life is too sho......
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

It would be nice to see the Rockets start drafting and developing their own goaltenders. Adam Brown is probably the best WHL goalie they've produced. Going back in team history, the best goaltenders they've had (Swanson, Bendera, Guard) have all come to the Rockets via trade. Hopefully Adam Brown and Jordan Cooke can be the beginning of a new trend.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”