Kelowna Rockets

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.

Re: Kelowna Rockets

Postby cdnsteel74 » Feb 18th, 2020, 9:33 pm

twofingers wrote:Oh my Gawd. This embarrassing team is rapidly becoming a dumpster fire. Basran’s a sieve. To lose a game when up 5-1 going into the third is inexcusable.
Good luck selling Season Tickets for 2020-21, Mr. Hamilton.
$249 each or 2 for $50!
Kelowna Chiefs has become my team of choice.

The way this season continues to spiral out of control, Mr. Hamilton is going to have a hard time selling Memorial Cup packages, let alone season tickets for next season! It is absolutely shameful that this season has deteriorated so badly. A Memorial Cup hosting season should be a fun and exciting hockey year, but it has become a nightmare for us.

I know that this has not happened since 1990, but is it possible that the CHL tells the Rockets that they will still host the tournament, but will not be allowed to participate as the host team and the fourth team is provided by someone else? I know that Bruce has some sway in the league, but who knows if this train wreck keeps on rolling that the CHL will want to have the embarrassment of the Rockets getting absolutely destroyed in their 3 tournament games.

Speaking of train wrecks, the team has won 3 out of its last 16 games, sits 15 out of 22 teams in the WHL and just blew a 5-1 lead....how does Adam Foote still the Rockets coach? Not that Jason Smith was a world beater, but he got fired for less: and even had back-to-back 40+ win seasons. Heck, even Brad Ralph was let go after winning 48 games and reaching the Western final in his only season behind the Rocket bench. Both accomplished way more for the Rockets than Foote ever has.

grizzle likes this post.
cdnsteel74

Liked in: 69 posts

Postby cdnsteel74 » Feb 19th, 2020, 1:07 pm

Guess things finally came to a head, Adam Foote has been fired and Kris Mallette is now interim coach. Will have a lot of work to do in order to turn things around and make this team competitive for the Memorial Cup
cdnsteel74

Liked in: 69 posts

Postby GordonH » Feb 19th, 2020, 1:23 pm

cdnsteel74 wrote:Guess things finally came to a head, Adam Foote has been fired and Kris Mallette is now interim coach. Will have a lot of work to do in order to turn things around and make this team competitive for the Memorial Cup

At this point of the season I'd be happy if they get 1 win at the Memorial Cup.
QJMHL Champions
OHL Champions
WHL Champions
Host Team
“Be water my friend”.
“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”
― Bruce Lee
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Liked in: 11374 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby Glacier » Feb 19th, 2020, 3:43 pm

Rockets are easily going to make the playoffs.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 15133 posts

Postby the truth » Feb 19th, 2020, 3:51 pm

twofingers wrote:Oh my Gawd. This embarrassing team is rapidly becoming a dumpster fire. Basran’s a sieve. To lose a game when up 5-1 going into the third is inexcusable.
Good luck selling Season Tickets for 2020-21, Mr. Hamilton.
$249 each or 2 for $50!
Kelowna Chiefs has become my team of choice.

imo he is the most over rated goalie in the whl
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 9844 posts

Postby GordonH » Feb 19th, 2020, 4:13 pm

Glacier wrote:Rockets are easily going to make the playoffs.

Yes they will do that, unlikely they pass the first round (Kelowna will either meet Kamloops or Portland)

I'm hoping they can win 1 game at Memorial Cup, I know unlikely.
“Be water my friend”.
“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”
― Bruce Lee
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Postby ktowner » Feb 19th, 2020, 7:54 pm

Great news today but hopefully it isnt too late to salvage the season. Facing Kamloops or Portland in the first round means 4 games then a long break till the cup.
ktowner
Fledgling

Liked in: 29 posts

Postby GordonH » Mar 12th, 2020, 2:05 am

Kelowna will meet Kamloops in the first round of WHL playoffs, highly doubtful the Rockets make it to round 2.
“Be water my friend”.
― Bruce Lee
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Previous

Return to Sports / Great Outdoors