NHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: NHL

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Glacier wrote: Nov 28th, 2023, 1:42 pm Who brings Corey Perry in as a role model for the youngster?
That's like bringing Jeffrey Dahmer in as a counsellor at a fat camp....
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Nov 28th, 2023, 12:36 pm Wow - hockey world exploding over Corey Perry getting booted off the Blackhawks for apparently having an affair with Connor Bedard's mom. The Blackhawks must be just losing it right now....

What kind of slimeball does that - sleeps with a teammate's mom? Hockey players...they're all the same....
Well Cory was being the father figure. Huh, they maybe should have made it clear what that meant!!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Takes 2 to Tango as the saying goes.

Did his Mom get kicked off the team too? :biggrin:
It's not drinking alone if your dog is home.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Nov 28th, 2023, 12:36 pm Wow - hockey world exploding over Corey Perry getting booted off the Blackhawks for apparently having an affair with Connor Bedard's mom. The Blackhawks must be just losing it right now....

What kind of slimeball does that - sleeps with a teammate's mom? Hockey players...they're all the same....
If memory serves me (slightly different situation, along the same slimeball thing), after the Canucks playoff run in the 90s.
Teammate of Kirk McLean was messing around with his wife, the name Brown pops into my mind. He was shipped out of Vancouver PDQ for a nobody.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

GordonH wrote: Nov 28th, 2023, 6:37 pm
If memory serves me (slightly different situation, along the same slimeball thing), after the Canucks playoff run in the 90s.
Teammate of Kirk McLean was messing around with his wife, the name Brown pops into my mind. He was shipped out of Vancouver PDQ for a nobody.
It used to be, sisters, and wives were sacred. A few year back Nurse hammered out Leon Draisaitl as he was playing with Nurses little sister and boasting about it.

Leon missed a number of games due to upper body injury!! Funny they never said it was a shower incident.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

GordonH wrote: Nov 28th, 2023, 6:37 pm
More famous instances I remember:

Paul Coffey being traded out of Edmonton after getting caught having an affair with Glen Sather's wife

Eric Lindros sleeping with team-mate Rod Brind'Amour's wife. The Flyers were rolling in the 2000 playoffs up 3 games to 1 on the Devils and then Lindros came into the line up and the team lost 3 straight to go out. It was said the team didn't want Lindros playing and gave up when he re-joined the team in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference final.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Connor Bedard's dad, is he absent?

And Connor's mom, got a pic of her so we can pass judgement?
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Babba_not_Gump wrote: Nov 28th, 2023, 9:01 pm
Is your Google broken? Not hard to find and she is a pretty lady.
It's not drinking alone if your dog is home.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Babba_not_Gump wrote: Nov 28th, 2023, 9:01 pm Connor Bedard's dad, is he absent?

It was Mothers week. A time when Moms get to know each other and spend a week with the team watching hockey and likely other lady events together.

There is no evidence to support what the rumors are.
For all we know, it was hazing the Rookies.
No one knows at this time.
OldBlindDog
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by OldBlindDog »

You clowns believe any old crap that you read on the internet.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

OldBlindDog wrote: Nov 29th, 2023, 6:05 pm You clowns believe any old crap that you read on the internet.
Oh come on OBD, where's your sense of humour? Old dogs can learn new tricks.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
OldBlindDog
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by OldBlindDog »

This stick in the mud is immune to learning, thank you very much.

Anyway, the latest rumour, courtesy of Frank Seravalli, is that he got drunk and made a fool of himself in front of sponsors and team employees.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/news/black ... unanswered

What he exactly did is still unclear. I wonder if the NHLPA will file a grievance on his behalf, like they did with Mike Richards and Evander Kane.

Oh, and Connor's mom is kinda hot.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Bedard's mother should be safe........ BUT...........if Brendan Shanahan is around, then I would worry. Plenty of stories of him :cuss: ing other players wives and girlfriends when still playing.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Everything around Corey Perry right now is just rumours and speculations.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

GordonH wrote: Nov 28th, 2023, 6:37 pm If memory serves me (slightly different situation, along the same slimeball thing), after the Canucks playoff run in the 90s.
That actually never happened. McLean was going through a divorce at the time and Brown wanted a trade so someone started a rumor. I've seen McLean and Linden asked about the rumor and they both said this.

As for Corey Perry, it's certainly not confirmed yet. Another rumor is that he got a staffer pregnant. Whatever the truth is, the first story makes better press headlines.
FB_IMG_1701353256552.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”