NHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: NHL

Post by GordonH »

Glacier wrote: Nov 30th, 2023, 6:19 am
GordonH wrote: Nov 28th, 2023, 6:37 pm If memory serves me (slightly different situation, along the same slimeball thing), after the Canucks playoff run in the 90s.
Teammate of Kirk McLean was messing around with his wife, the name Brown pops into my mind. He was shipped out of Vancouver PDQ for a nobody.
That actually never happened. McLean was going through a divorce at the time and Brown wanted a trade so someone started a rumor. I've seen McLean and Linden asked about the rumor and they both said this.

As for Corey Perry, it's certainly not confirmed yet. Another rumor is that he got a staffer pregnant. Whatever the truth is, the first story makes better press headlines.

FB_IMG_1701353256552.jpg
I figured it was nothing besides a nasty rumour.

Whatever Corey actually did definitely broke team rules.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Corey Perry, has issued a statement and realizes he needs some help with what sounds like a substance issue.

I had heard he was intoxicated and made a bad scene in several restaurants. This sounds in line with his statement he made.
OldBlindDog
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by OldBlindDog »

Ken7 wrote: Nov 30th, 2023, 2:04 pm Corey Perry, has issued a statement and realizes he needs some help with what sounds like a substance issue.

I had heard he was intoxicated and made a bad scene in several restaurants. This sounds in line with his statement he made.
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/390 ... ional-help

Just boring old booze.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

FB_IMG_1701388485234.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Ken7 wrote: Nov 30th, 2023, 2:04 pm Corey Perry, has issued a statement and realizes he needs some help with what sounds like a substance issue.

If alcohol is the issue it would be considered a disease and if I am correct you would be given the chance to "clean yourself up". I know this is written in some labour laws...........termination would be justified if the situation continued after being in an alcohol program.

Players association will be all over this and what Perry decides to do is his decision. Willing to bet he will be paid to leave though.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

lesliepaul wrote: Nov 30th, 2023, 7:20 pm

If alcohol is the issue it would be considered a disease and if I am correct you would be given the chance to "clean yourself up". I know this is written in some labour laws...........termination would be justified if the situation continued after being in an alcohol program.

Players association will be all over this and what Perry decides to do is his decision. Willing to bet he will be paid to leave though.
His conduct might be as a result of alcohol. His conduct was likely not acceptable by their standards. Who knows, the facts of what he actually did are unknown. Wish him well is all I can say!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I won’t be surprised if numerous teams try to get Corey Perry to sign.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

GordonH wrote: Nov 30th, 2023, 10:07 pm I won’t be surprised if numerous teams try to get Corey Perry to sign.
They will be like Santa, watching him closely. He should take the time he needs. IF he has issues which it appears, possibly. He should address them.

Hopefully his wife stands beside him and helps him through.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Oilers have been turning things around 6 wins in a row and are only 5 points out of wildcard spot.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Did anyone see the Florida vs. Columbus game today??

I think Kevin Bieksa said it the other night. Players have to think when going to the boards. Today the player sees he is being chased. He does nothing to shield himself and is driven into the boards face first.

He then goes to the ice like a wounded soldier, jumps right up and attacks the fellow who hit him. I hope the league suspends the aggressor who hammered at the Panther player. Give him 5 games without blinking a eye.

IF you can't take a hit, maybe pick another sport!!
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Ken7 wrote: Dec 10th, 2023, 4:02 pm Did anyone see the Florida vs. Columbus game today??

I think Kevin Bieksa said it the other night. Players have to think when going to the boards. Today the player sees he is being chased. He does nothing to shield himself and is driven into the boards face first.

He then goes to the ice like a wounded soldier, jumps right up and attacks the fellow who hit him. I hope the league suspends the aggressor who hammered at the Panther player. Give him 5 games without blinking a eye.

Watched the replays on X.

Cousins tried to injure Gudbranson with that hit behind the net. Left his feet, hit him in the numbers, and never tried to slow up.

And in typical Florida player fashion, he turtled when Guddy caught up to him later and punched him out.

Lots of BS going on the past bit with these illegal hits. Joseph and Kelly sucker punching Larkin last night was egregious. The DoPS and refs need to put an end to this with more match penalties and meaningful suspensions. If you deliberately injure someone, your suspension should at least be as long as the injured player is out.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Dec 10th, 2023, 7:06 pm
Ken7 wrote: Dec 10th, 2023, 4:02 pm Did anyone see the Florida vs. Columbus game today??

Watched the replays on X.

Cousins tried to injure Gudbranson with that hit behind the net. Left his feet, hit him in the numbers, and never tried to slow up.

And in typical Florida player fashion, he turtled when Guddy caught up to him later and punched him out.

Lots of BS going on the past bit with these illegal hits. Joseph and Kelly sucker punching Larkin last night was egregious. The DoPS and refs need to put an end to this with more match penalties and meaningful suspensions. If you deliberately injure someone, your suspension should at least be as long as the injured player is out.
I see it in the WHL and this is much like it. You know someone is on your heels. They stay facing the boards, when hit they let their knees go. An attempt to draw a heavy penalty. Today overturned!!

As Bieksa says, protect yourself. This wouldn't be spoken of if Gudbranson would have slowed his speed and turned 45 degrees. The days of players turning and almost facing the attacker are gone.

Different style of hockey in my opinion. For this attacking someone who hits you, with a clean hit. I'd had to fight every other game when I played junior. I do hope Gudbranson gets 5 game minimum. They have to stop this type of play.

As for fighting, I have no issue, two consenting players! The fight, not because you got hit, and I don't like it!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

The league does have a number of coward players, a good example is Boston’s Brad Marchand. Doesn’t mind dishing it out… the moment someone confronts him he becomes a turtle.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Vancouver are looking pretty good so far this season, see how they are in latter part of the season.

May have to dust off my Canucks avatar.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

GordonH wrote: Dec 10th, 2023, 9:20 pm The league does have a number of coward players, a good example is Boston’s Brad Marchand. Doesn’t mind dishing it out… the moment someone confronts him he becomes a turtle.
I think he has a lot of talent. Due to his behavior I don't like him. I always say he should leave the shenanigans to a player with less skill then he has.

The latest was the player that pulls the opponents stick up, striking himself in the mouth in a effort to get a 4 min. penalty. How's that, although caught while in review.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”