NHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: NHL

Post by Glacier »

haha, Capitals were -37 on the season but still made the playoffs. At team hasn't been that bad since the Canucks in 1991, and back then it was a lot easier to make the playoffs.

BTW, 100 assists for McDavid. 3 more assists in the Oiler's final game and he officially passes Bobby Orr for the 3rd greatest player in NHL history. Only Gretzky, Lemeiux, and Orr have ever had more assists than McDavid in a single season.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Glacier wrote: Apr 17th, 2024, 12:19 pm haha, Capitals were -37 on the season but still made the playoffs. At team hasn't been that bad since the Canucks in 1991, and back then it was a lot easier to make the playoffs.

BTW, 100 assists for McDavid. 3 more assists in the Oiler's final game and he officially passes Bobby Orr for the 3rd greatest player in NHL history. Only Gretzky, Lemeiux, and Orr have ever had more assists than McDavid in a single season.
Now Ovechkin gets added games to get more goals. But man oh man, Detroit trying it's all, getting the tie goal with 3.3 seconds left only to find out Philly pulled the goalie in a tie game and knocked all 3 teams out, never seen a team give so few poops about winning a shootout.

What a funny finish.
OldBlindDog
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by OldBlindDog »

Bittersweet end for the Coyotes. It's too bad for the fans of that franchise that they had a never ending series of bad owners, bad arena deals, and bad luck in the draft lottery. But hey, at least they beat the Coilers tonight, and that is always a good thing. It's pretty telling that the owner Meruelo couldn't even bother to show up for the last game.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

It's pretty easy to get 100 assists in the NHL these days. Just this week two players did it.

On the other hand only three players besides them have ever done it, in the last time was 33 years ago... Bobby Orr's numbers are absolutely insane given he was a defenseman.
Screenshot_20240418-060834~2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Childish games being played by Nashville management.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Hockey/48 ... -Nashville
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote: Apr 17th, 2024, 11:47 am 2024 Playoffs are almost completely set:

Eastern Conference:
Washington at New York Rangers
Tampa at Florida
New York Islanders at Carolina
Toronto at Boston

Western Conference:
LA or Vegas at Dallas
Nashville at Vancouver
Colorado at Winnipeg
Vegas or LA at Edmonton

If Vegas beats Anaheim tonight they get Edmonton.
Vegas at Dallas
LA at Edmonton

Matchup are now set for 2024 NHL Playoffs, first to 16 wins gets Lord Stanley’s Cup.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

GordonH wrote: Apr 18th, 2024, 1:18 pm Childish games being played by Nashville management.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Hockey/48 ... -Nashville
Didn't Florida teams do this too last year or before?

It's a garbage thing really.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Move over Gordie Howe, there's a new kid in town for oldest player to score a professional goal.... https://www.thehockeybeast.com/worldwid ... ckey-world
- Douglas Murray
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I suspect Leaf fans are probably saying here we go again. If the Leafs don’t respond big time in game 2 because Bruins defence is hurting.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

It's really a shame that two teams battling each other can't both be eliminated at the end of their round, so all we can hope for is that the Leafs and the Bruins beat the crap out of each other, and doing it in 7 games.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

Isn't there usually a nut on the other end of a bolt?
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Babba_not_Gump wrote: Apr 23rd, 2024, 7:44 pm It's really a shame that two teams battling each other can't both be eliminated at the end of their round, so all we can hope for is that the Leafs and the Bruins beat the crap out of each other, and doing it in 7 games.
Easy, the Leafs won last when I was 6 years old. I've liked them ever since!

My bucket list is seeing them win one more time before I leave this earth.

Thanks!
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Ken7 wrote: Apr 23rd, 2024, 7:47 pm
Babba_not_Gump wrote: Apr 23rd, 2024, 7:44 pm It's really a shame that two teams battling each other can't both be eliminated at the end of their round, so all we can hope for is that the Leafs and the Bruins beat the crap out of each other, and doing it in 7 games.

Thanks!
Since the average Canadian male lives to over 80, you've got at least 20 years. Can you wait that long? :biggrin:
I should be gone by then.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

Isn't there usually a nut on the other end of a bolt?
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Babba_not_Gump wrote: Apr 23rd, 2024, 7:53 pm

Thanks!
Since the average Canadian male lives to over 80, you've got at least 20 years. Can you wait that long? :biggrin:
I should be gone by then.
I'd love to see it before I *bleep* my pants....be more exciting!!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Thanks!
The leafs would have won more except Babba_not_Gump... oops, I man Gump Worsley won 4 stanley cups for Montreal in 5 years with the Leafs winning in the middle.

- Douglas Murray
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

My son and I rewound and watched that save last night a dozen times before continuing with the game.

Man that was fun to see.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”