NHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
cyruslosco66
Banned

Re: NHL

Post by cyruslosco66 »

Ryan Reaves on why the players made a statement

m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

And a letter from Las Vegas police to the Las Vegas Knights,
https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/go ... e-2107709/
Police union criticizes Knights for supporting Jacob Blake.

Steve Grammas, president of the Las Vegas Police Police Protective Association, expressed his “disappointment” with the Knights and wrote in a letter to the organization, “It appears, to my law enforcement brothers and sisters, that the Golden Knights would rather jump on the bandwagon of attacking the police profession rather than waiting for the facts of an event to be brought to light.”

My thoughts exactly.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Vancouver has forced a game 7, with incredible goaltending by Thatcher Demko who in last 2 games has stopped 90 out of 91 shots on net.

Yes, scheduling sucks... hey it effects both teams.

impo the future looks bright with Thatcher Demko & Michael DiPietro
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

GordonH wrote:Vancouver has forced a game 7, with incredible goaltending by Thatcher Demko who in last 2 games has stopped 90 out of 91 shots on net.

Yes, scheduling sucks... hey it effects both teams.

impo the future looks bright with Thatcher Demko & Michael DiPietro

The last time a rookie goalie won his first two starts in the playoffs while facing elimination was wayyyyy back in 1953 by a guy who knew a thing or two about stopping pucks: Jacques Plante.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

It’s a goaltender duel tonight with Vegas throwing everything at Demko, meanwhile Lehner hasn’t been as busy also stopping a number of excellent attempts by Canucks.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

daaaaamm demko pulled his weight last night in that loss
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Yes he did. Goaltending was the only reason this series went to game 7. You could tell both teams were tired last night, the Canucks even more. Blocking all those shots and playing defense caught up to them.

The future looks bright for the canucks. Everyone on the team now has playoff experience and sees what they have to do to win a Stanley Cup. Have to improve even more. They could be a serious contender in a few seasons, though cap issues might be a problem for them.
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

jaz301 wrote:Yes he did. Goaltending was the only reason this series went to game 7. You could tell both teams were tired last night, the Canucks even more. Blocking all those shots and playing defense caught up to them.

The future looks bright for the canucks. Everyone on the team now has playoff experience and sees what they have to do to win a Stanley Cup. Have to improve even more. They could be a serious contender in a few seasons, though cap issues might be a problem for them.

To free up cap space shop around Markstrom & Domingue, strongly encourage Loui Eciksson to want to be traded.

Keep Demko and bring up DiPietro as backup.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

2 things:
1) Hopefully Philly wins, Islanders play boring trap style hockey.
2) Dallas represents Western Conference in the Finals. Reason is Vegas was unfairly given this team, what takes teams years to acquire they got pretty well overnight.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Conference Finals
New York Islanders vs Tampa Bay Lightening

Dallas Stars vs Las Vegas Golden Knights

Since there is no remaining Canadian based team, I really don’t care who wins.

My picks has been terrible so far anyway.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Congratulations to the Tampa Bay Lightening on being 2020 Stanley Cup Champions.

btw which Canadian based team will actually stand up and bring the Cup North. At this point I don’t care which one does, just do it.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Congrats to Tampa Bay on winning the Cup. I am glad the NHL was able to figure a way to finish the season and hand out the cup. Now we wait and see when the NHL will return.
Life is too sho......
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Okay, so Patrick Marleau is only 45 games away from beating Gordie Howe for most regular season games played in the NHL! Will he do it before the pandemic is over?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Does anyone think King Henrik will hang up the skates before the next season starts?

https://questioningthedata.wordpress.co ... e-goalies/
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”