NHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Re: NHL

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote: May 10th, 2021, 7:36 pm Those planning on watching NHL playoffs here are first round match ups.

Montreal at Toronto Montreal leads 1-0
Winnipeg at Edmonton Winnipeg leads 1-0

NY Islanders at Pittsburgh Pittsburgh leads 2-1
Boston at Washington Boston leads 2-1

Nashville at Carolina Carolina leads 2-0
Tampa Bay at Florida Tampa leads 2-1

St. Louis at Colorado Colorado leads 2-0
Minnesota at Vegas series tied 1-1
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
birdsarentreal.com
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

:up: :up: 2 thumbs up for the 8 game suspension to Nazem Kadri

He is a talented player, he just has to stop the dirty BS.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
birdsarentreal.com
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

Spencer Knight who played for US in World Junior Championship, played his first NHL starting goaltender for Florida Panthers and won. Keeping his team alive to play another day.

Spencer is a 20 years old, with Luongo as his goalie coach... he could have excellent career.
birdsarentreal.com
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

GordonH wrote: May 25th, 2021, 8:36 pm Spencer Knight who played for US in World Junior Championship, played his first NHL starting goaltender for Florida Panthers and won. Keeping his team alive to play another day.

Spencer is a 20 years old, with Luongo as his goalie coach... he could have excellent career.
Is he an Okanagan boy?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

No, he was born in Darien, Connecticut.

Interesting stats for the young kid.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spencer_Knight
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote: May 25th, 2021, 8:36 pm Spencer Knight who played for US in World Junior Championship, played his first NHL starting goaltender for Florida Panthers and won. Keeping his team alive to play another day.

mexi cali wrote: May 27th, 2021, 1:08 pm Is he an Okanagan boy?
I’m guessing I should have added the “A” after the “US”. [icon_lol2.gif]
birdsarentreal.com
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

Round 2 SC playoffs, 1 series still needs to be done.

Winnipeg meets either Montreal or Toronto
Boston vs NYI
Tampa Bay vs Carolina
Colorado vs Vegas
Last edited by GordonH on May 29th, 2021, 1:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
birdsarentreal.com
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Here are the goalie sticks from the past 3 goalies to win the cup for Toronto (Turk Broda in the 1940s, Johnny Bower and Terry Sawchuck in the 1960s). Up next, Jack Campbell? I'm thinking no, but you never know for sure.
162631971_10161876498854852_8602126055989480792_n.jpg
BTW, top 10 best playoff SVP% while with the Leafs. (Min 10GP)
1. Terry Sawchuk - .928 (13GP)
2. Johnny Bower - .924 (74GP)
3. Ed Belfour - .923 (20GP)
4. Curtis Joseph - .919 (60GP)
5. Frederik Andersen - .916 (25GP)
6. Mike Palmateer - .910 (29GP)
7. Felix Potvin - .909 (52GP)
8. Ken Wregget - .904 (25GP)
9. Wayne Thomas - .901 (14GP)
10. Allan Bester - .868 (10GP)
Special mention to Turk Broda who played over 100 playoff games but this was before the NHL recorded SVP%.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

^^^ if Jack Campbell gets Toronto to nhl finals, I suspect Freddy Andersen job may no longer exist.

Then Seattle comes knocking, Freddy could be Seattle’s version of Marc-André Fleury.
birdsarentreal.com
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote: May 28th, 2021, 2:32 pm ^^^ if Jack Campbell gets Toronto to nhl finals, I suspect Freddy Andersen job may no longer exist.

Then Seattle comes knocking, Freddy could be Seattle’s version of Marc-André Fleury.
freddy has choked in the playoffs to many times, fleury is waaaaaay better imo https://theleafsnation.com/2020/08/10/i ... -andersen/
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote: May 28th, 2021, 2:32 pm ^^^ if Jack Campbell gets Toronto to nhl finals, I suspect Freddy Andersen job may no longer exist.

the truth wrote: May 28th, 2021, 4:34 pm freddy has choked in the playoffs to many times, fleury is waaaaaay better imo https://theleafsnation.com/2020/08/10/i ... -andersen/
Maybe someone needs to recheck Fleury days in Pittsburgh, oh yes go further back to his WJC game.
birdsarentreal.com
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Leafs played like absolute crap in overtime. They could only manage 80% of the shots, which is why they lost. You gotta get 100% of the shots in OT if you want to have any hope of winning against Price the way he has been playing.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

Round 2 started yesterday with Bruins over the Islanders, today Lightening at Hurricanes... later Golden Knights at the Avalanche

I’m expecting a very short turnaround once north division has been decided, which makes sense knowing who the commissioner is.

btw... this is first time (I can remember) next round has started before last round was completely finished.
birdsarentreal.com
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

Goaltender duel in round 2 (both Vezina Trophy winners):

Carey Price vs Connor Hellebuyck

Added later: I am taking Winnipeg over Montreal
birdsarentreal.com
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Winnipeg in 5 is my guess
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”