NFL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
mexi cali
Guru

Re: NFL

Post by mexi cali »

This is not going to be a great year for them. Russ or not. They just don't look good. Like they're off or something.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I was watching the Chiefs/Giants game last night and thinking about how the hot teams from last few years are horrible this year and the horrible teams are good. It gave me a headache so I just started watching the game again. :D

Sometimes all it takes is an injury to a key player to get the rest of the team to wake up. It would be nice if that would happen with the Seahawks but I won't be holding my breath. :D
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

That was a hard game to watch. KC looks ordinary. Kelce had a bad game as did Mahomes. Hill is Hill but he can't do it on his own. They were lucky to pull that out.

Too many flags again. I hate when the refs are overly involved especially with questionable calls. Some games you hardly see them and others you can't unsee them.

I like Wilson. Maybe the Saints should go after him with Winston likely gone for the year.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

That facemask call towards the end of the game was horrible. And no way to fight it.
I noticed so many of Mahomes passes were just a little too long. Maybe he needs glasses.

You keep your hands off my quarterback!

And I was just reading this:

NFL: Las Vegas #Raiders WR Henry Ruggs was involved in a car accident early this morning. There is currently no word on the condition of anyone involved. We will update this post as we find out more.

UPDATE: There is a fatality from the accident, but it’s not Ruggs. Ruggs is expected to be charged with DUI resulting in death.
252422838_4454856254606157_5074808512130109347_n.jpg
I saw another post that said Ruggs in the hospital with a broken hip.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
― Albert Einstein
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Oh fer gawd sake. DUI.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Las Vegas Raiders WR Henry Ruggs to be charged with DUI resulting in death

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/325 ... ting-death
― Albert Einstein
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

ferri wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 11:06 am That facemask call towards the end of the game was horrible. And no way to fight it.
I noticed so many of Mahomes passes were just a little too long. Maybe he needs glasses.

You keep your hands off my quarterback!
With all the technology now it seems a shame that a terrible call like the phantom grabbing the facemask call is allowed to stand. Not sure what the answer is though because we don't need the game to slow down anymore with additional reviews.

Maybe Mahomes needs glasses or maybe his receivers are just too slow . . . [icon_lol2.gif]

I like Mahomes but he's not the Mahomes who we saw win the Super Bowl a couple of years ago.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Yeah, it was pretty clear on the replay that there was no facemask grab, but you're right, the game get slowed down way too much already with double checking things.

Some of those receivers last night were running as fast as they could though, and Mahomes still overthrew. [icon_lol2.gif]

I think Mahomes will be fine. It just shows that he really is human not a robot with Kermit the Frogs voice. lol
― Albert Einstein
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

ferri wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 2:10 pm Yeah, it was pretty clear on the replay that there was no facemask grab, but you're right, the game get slowed down way too much already with double checking things.

Some of those receivers last night were running as fast as they could though, and Mahomes still overthrew. [icon_lol2.gif]

I think Mahomes will be fine. It just shows that he really is human not a robot with Kermit the Frogs voice. lol
Those annoying head & shoulder commercials with “never not working” guy Troy Polamalu.
"You've Gotta' Ask Yourself A Question. 'Do I Feel Lucky?' Well Do Ya...PUNK?" Harry Callahan
I don't care whether people like me or dislike me. I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

[icon_lol2.gif] I love those! hahaha
― Albert Einstein
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Breaking: Aaron Rodgers Reportedly Tests Positive for COVID-19

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/11/03/aaron ... EhaRsYYMhk
― Albert Einstein
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

NFL: Former Las Vegas #Raiders WR Henry Ruggs, who was released yesterday after a car accident which killed a 23 year old female in another vehicle, as well as a dog, is accused of driving 156 mph seconds before the crash. He was at 127 mph when airbags deployed. His blood alcohol level was .161, which is more than twice the legal limit in Nevada. A loaded gun was also found in Ruggs’ car. He is facing up to 20 years in prison if convicted of a DUI resulting in death. Here’s the mugshot.
250903145_4457702854321497_6852028551777106808_n.jpg
This is from The Sports Box https://www.youtube.com/c/TheSportsBox
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
― Albert Einstein
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

ferri wrote: Nov 3rd, 2021, 9:28 am Breaking: Aaron Rodgers Reportedly Tests Positive for COVID-19

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/11/03/aaron ... EhaRsYYMhk
Aaron Rodgers is a great athlete and a very bright guy. However, even highly intelligent people do stupid things and he should have known better than to mislead people about his vaccination status. Now we'll see what Jordan Love can do against the Chiefs on Sunday.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

It's going to be very interesting to see what happens now. I wonder how big his fine will be for lying.
― Albert Einstein
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

ferri wrote: Nov 4th, 2021, 12:41 pm It's going to be very interesting to see what happens now. I wonder how big his fine will be for lying.
Good question. He deserves a hefty fine. His reputation has certainly taken a big hit too.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”