NFL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing.

Re: NFL

Postby the truth » May 23rd, 2018, 12:26 pm

seems like a fair compromise to me
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Jflem1983 likes this post.
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6603 posts

Postby ferri » Oct 22nd, 2018, 10:20 am

Holy smokes! Have any of you watched the Kansas City Chiefs new quarterback? :200: I swear, if this kid keeps it up he's going to be a bigger GOAT than Brady.

“When someone is nasty or treats you poorly, don't take it personally. It says nothing about you, but a lot about them.” ― Michael Josephson

Urbane likes this post.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Liked in: 9774 posts

Postby mexi cali » Oct 22nd, 2018, 11:17 am

He be a stud, fo sho. He throws like he's been in the game for years. Got a real gun and deadly accurate. He's tough, he's quick and he's smart.

That being said, he's not my man Drew. But make no mistake about it. This guy be fo real. Andy Reed is a frickin genius.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

2 people like this post.
mexi cali
Guru

Liked in: 3842 posts

Postby ferri » Oct 22nd, 2018, 11:25 am

He doesn't get rattled either. He's just as cool as a cucumber all the time. That game last night should have been boring because it was so lopsided but it was fun to watch. :D
“When someone is nasty or treats you poorly, don't take it personally. It says nothing about you, but a lot about them.” ― Michael Josephson

2 people like this post.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Postby seewood » Oct 22nd, 2018, 11:32 am

I watched better part of the game because of what was mentioned. ^^^^
Pretty cool to see the youngster control the game like that. He had some pretty good teammates to help as well, loved the "hurdle" to get a few more yards.

Can you believe Tuckers missed point after attempt? Too bad but really, thought a point after is usually as easy as breathing.
I am not wealthy but I am rich

ferri likes this post.
seewood
Übergod

Liked in: 1389 posts

Postby ferri » Oct 22nd, 2018, 11:39 am

During the game I thought maybe there was something wrong with my eyes, I was having trouble keeping track of the ball when Mahomes had it. Then the announcers mentioned they were having trouble too. :D *whew*

Hunter, Hill...those two were on fire too!

There were several kickers that missed field goals yesterday! It was nuts! One (I can't remember which game) actually hit the post with a nice loud *bong!* haha

Urbane likes this post.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Postby ferri » Nov 7th, 2018, 2:37 pm

I don't know if anyone cares (like I do, I have been obsessing over this) but it sounds like the Saints signed Dez Bryant today. :D

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2520 ... eal-saints
ferri
Forum Administrator

Postby ferri » Nov 9th, 2018, 2:19 pm

Well. Nevermind. :cry:

Saints fear Dez Bryant suffered torn Achilles tendon

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... m=referral
ferri
Forum Administrator

Postby GordonH » Nov 9th, 2018, 3:05 pm

ferri wrote:Well. Nevermind. :cry:

Saints fear Dez Bryant suffered torn Achilles tendon

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... m=referral

Sound like they jump the gun on game ready conditioning, instead of slowly getting him to that spot.
If that turns out to be the injury, he could be ready 12+ months from now.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.

ferri likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8277 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby ferri » Nov 9th, 2018, 3:07 pm

I hope to heck he's just being a drama queen and it's nothing. I was so looking forward to seeing him play again. There are some players that I love watching, even though I don't like their teams. haha He's one of them.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Postby ferri » Nov 9th, 2018, 4:05 pm

Wow. This is horrible too.

Wildfires force LA Rams to cancel practice as 20 coaches, players evacuate

https://q13fox.com/2018/11/09/wildfires ... Yu4T55zVB0
ferri
Forum Administrator

Postby mexi cali » Nov 13th, 2018, 2:14 pm

TB? Lost
Atlanta? Lost
Carolina? Lost (humiliated really).
Saints? 51-14. And that's all I have to say about that.

Watch out Manning. He be gunnin fo you.
mexi cali
Guru

Postby mexi cali » Nov 13th, 2018, 2:20 pm

That really sucks about Bryant. He's a great receiver and he would have been a great addition to an already formidable offense.

They make it look so frickin easy. It's got to be hard playing against them. Taysom Hill? Whaaaaaat? He is crazy versatile. What a great weapon. Every time he's on the field, defense has to be double teaming him. Leaves more room for Kamara and Thomas and Ingram. Even Ben Watson. I wish they had taken Jimmy back when the Hawks released him.

Seriously, if the Saints could tighten up on 3rd down defense, I don't see anyone being better.

Cam Jordan looks like two people.

Can we say it? Can we? 2009?????? Geaux Saints.
mexi cali
Guru

Postby GordonH » Nov 13th, 2018, 2:36 pm

mexi cali wrote:That really sucks about Bryant. He's a great receiver and he would have been a great addition to an already formidable offense.

They make it look so frickin easy. It's got to be hard playing against them. Taysom Hill? Whaaaaaat? He is crazy versatile. What a great weapon. Every time he's on the field, defense has to be double teaming him. Leaves more room for Kamara and Thomas and Ingram. Even Ben Watson. I wish they had taken Jimmy back when the Hawks released him.

Seriously, if the Saints could tighten up on 3rd down defense, I don't see anyone being better.

Cam Jordan looks like two people.

Can we say it? Can we? 2009?????? Geaux Saints.

Yep, NOS are looking very good in NFC. In AFC the rookie for KCC is just incredible... Patrick Mahomes, offence is not a problem there defence is the weak link.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8277 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby mexi cali » Nov 14th, 2018, 12:49 pm

Very rarely do teams have a well balanced offence/defense. Usually one or the other is weak.
mexi cali
Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Sports / Great Outdoors