NFL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing.

Re: NFL

Postby ferri » Jan 21st, 2019, 10:36 am

Those refs. :cuss: One standing right there and didn't see it?

I doubt if anything comes of this, unless they think about the money could make on ticket sales...

Wild NFL rule allows Roger Goodell to reverse Rams-Saints outcome, but would he actually use it?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/wild ... EH0kJh4sFE
“When someone is nasty or treats you poorly, don't take it personally. It says nothing about you, but a lot about them.” ― Michael Josephson
ferri
Forum Administrator

Liked in: 9621 posts

Postby GordonH » Jan 21st, 2019, 11:42 am

mexi cali wrote:Well, there you have it folks. The Patriots (yet again) and the Rams. Good games for the most part. The Chiefs looked to be the team that was going to come out on top but Brady, like life, finds a way.

The Saints should be the team to be going on. Yes, they are my team and no, this isn't sour grapes. Had they lost all on their own (which they ultimately did in the O/T where they shouldn't have been) I would have been unhappy but OK because you win as team and you lose as team.

They weren't given that opportunity though. The non-call in all likelihood, cost them the game. They were exactly where you want to be at that time in the game. Deep in the opponents end and in control. If that play is called for helmet to helmet or PI, both of which were evident, the Saints get the first down and could have run the clock down to 4 or 5 seconds before kicking the field goal. If you look at what normally gets called for PI in most games, it makes it really hard to understand why none of the officials who could have blown the whistle or come over after the play and discussed it, did anything at all.

The league admits it effed up, the Rams player involved admits it was at least PI but the net result is, the Saints lost but they didn't do it on their own terms and that will live with most of them for a long, long time.

I will say that they should have converted at least one of the first two drives into 7 instead of settling for field goals.

Credit to the Rams kicker, buherlein (sp?) . It aint easy kicking a fifty seven yarder at the best of times but the snap was off a bit and it looked like it would have been good from 65, he really nailed it.

Geaux Saints!!!

impo 2 infractions in same play totally missed & play can't be reviewed.
1) no helmet to helmet call
2) clearly interference
Cost the Saints a trip to SuperBowl LIII
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8092 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby GordonH » Jan 21st, 2019, 11:59 am

ferri wrote:Those refs. :cuss: One standing right there and didn't see it?

I doubt if anything comes of this, unless they think about the money could make on ticket sales...

Wild NFL rule allows Roger Goodell to reverse Rams-Saints outcome, but would he actually use it?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/wild ... EH0kJh4sFE

impo Roger Goodell doesn't have the backbone or stones needed to make that call, hopefully I'm wrong.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.

ferri likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Postby ferri » Jan 21st, 2019, 12:57 pm

No, he won't do anything about it. He's useless.

And it gets worse. Watch this video. There are actually 2 refs that can't see a problem. https://247sports.com/nfl/seattle-seaha ... FlBwXNDnpk

If you watch it few times, you can see the Ram throw his arms out when he's walking back to his teammates like, "I dunno man, I thought I'd get called for that too." And watch at the bottom, the Security guy in yellow watching the play on the big screen. He can't stop shaking his head. lol
“When someone is nasty or treats you poorly, don't take it personally. It says nothing about you, but a lot about them.” ― Michael Josephson
ferri
Forum Administrator

Postby mexi cali » Jan 21st, 2019, 1:16 pm

Not that I am naive enough to believe that the rule will be enacted but I have to ask, why have it on the books at all if it isn't going to be used? If that non-call doesn't qualify as game changing, I don't know what would? I have watched football for decades and I have seen lots of blown calls and bad calls but I have never seen anything like that. Not even close. Two officials within ten feet of the play and nothing. Makes you wonder if they had any skin in the game.

I would think that the conversation has been had though. Goodell, if he didn't know about the rule before, will now. Sean Payton is probably blowing up Goodells phone. I know I would be.

If you look at the still, there's a big clue in it that would indicate that the defender committed a punishable offense, not once, but twice. Look close. OK, you don't have to look that close. Unless you're a referee.

robbed.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

ferri likes this post.
mexi cali
Guru

Liked in: 3777 posts

Postby GordonH » Jan 21st, 2019, 1:27 pm

^^^ exactly, the whole city of New Orleans should be calling Goodell & giving him a f :cuss: ing ear full.

ferri likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Postby ferri » Jan 21st, 2019, 2:51 pm

I just watched another video (on facebook, with no link to the outside world...) that shows another ref walk over the line ref and say something right after that hit, the ref on the line waved him off. :-X

I wish I could find another way to share sorry! https://www.facebook.com/nancy.s.hewitt ... 0I&fref=nf
ferri
Forum Administrator

Postby ferri » Jan 21st, 2019, 2:57 pm

I think Goodall is going to have to answer some questions about this.

N.J. sports book refunds bets from Saints game after blown call

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-orleans-s ... 128127057/
ferri
Forum Administrator

Postby mexi cali » Jan 25th, 2019, 12:21 pm

There was a video on MSN yesterday that showed the foreground ref turn toward his partner who was a couple yards down field. The second guy was reaching for his flag and the close ref ran a couple steps toward him and waved him off adamantly.

I watched it until I couldn't see through the tears.

https://twitter.com/Sportsnaut/status/1 ... 8937354240
mexi cali
Guru

Postby GordonH » Jan 25th, 2019, 12:56 pm

mexi cali wrote:There was a video on MSN yesterday that showed the foreground ref turn toward his partner who was a couple yards down field. The second guy was reaching for his flag and the close ref ran a couple steps toward him and waved him off adamantly.

I watched it until I couldn't see through the tears.

https://twitter.com/Sportsnaut/status/1 ... 8937354240

impo those 2 should be relieved of their ref duties.... another words YOUR FIRED.

the truth likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Postby the truth » Jan 25th, 2019, 12:59 pm

or were they paid off ,to make the wrong call, would not be the first time :200:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6507 posts

Postby mexi cali » Jan 25th, 2019, 1:54 pm

dun dun dunnnnnnn!!
mexi cali
Guru

Postby GordonH » Jan 25th, 2019, 2:05 pm

mexi cali wrote:dun dun dunnnnnnn!!

Hopefully these 2 ref's (former ref's impo) are treated similarly as Steve Bartman was after the Cub's incident.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Previous

Return to Sports / Great Outdoors