NFL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Re: NFL

Post by ferri »

Marshawn says he has unfinished business and I think he means another ring. :D

DK Metcalf is working out pretty well too! Man that guy!

DK Metcalf sets NFL rookie record with 160 receiving yards against Eagles

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2020/ ... oMQRTbdLgk
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Metcalf is unreal.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

He is! He just keeps getting better.
― Albert Einstein
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I forgot about this [icon_lol2.gif]

Marshawn Lynch casually tossing an Eagles DB to the ground is so fun to watch
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/01/seahaw ... hYDomZPfdk

DK Metcalf’s impressive rookie season continues with record-breaking performance vs Eagles

In a 17-9 victory, Metcalf posted career highs in catches (seven) and yards (160). Metcalf’s 160 receiving yards are both the most by a rookie in the NFL history, and the most by a Seattle receiver in franchise history. It was a transcendent performance by a transcendent player.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/1/5/210 ... sH8RvCt1-M
― Albert Einstein
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

So who's going to win this weekend? My picks:

Vikings vs 49ers: I'll go with the 49ers.

Titans vs Ravens: Ravens but it may be closer than people think.

Texans vs Chiefs: Chiefs despite the Chiefs not having had great success in the playoffs.

Seahawks vs Packers: Packers by a nose.

My confidence level on all of the above is low. The closest to a lock might be the Ravens but I just read one expert who is predicting a 3-point win for the Titans. Russell Wilson could do his thing and I could see the Seahawks winning. For sure. And I could see Garoppolo choking and Kirk Cousins coming through for the second week in a row.

Anyone else??
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

These are all going to be tough games!

Vikings @ 49ers I think could go either way. If they can rattle Garoppolo by sacking him and putting lots of pressure on him the Vikings stand a good chance of winning. (I really suck at picking winners by the way)

Titans @ Ravens This one is going to be a blast to watch. IF the Titans can shut down Jackson's running and if Derrick Henry is running like he usually does they could beat the Ravens. (I'm pretty much rooting for the underdog in all games...can you tell?)

Texans @ Chiefs I don't know. I like both teams. Texans could surprise everyone though, they really do have grit!

Seahawks @ Packers Oh stop crying Aaron, so you keep getting sacked. Go Hawks. :D
― Albert Einstein
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Ferri can you set up a poll?
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Is that a yes?
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

hahaha It was a yes. I zipped right off and did it. I wish I could have separated it but it wouldn't let me. :(
― Albert Einstein
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Time for Rodgers to put up or shut up:

Over the last two years, the Packers have swapped out coaches and general managers, revamped their playbook, drastically altered their spending philosophy and completely rebuilt their defense. They've changed just about everything except Rodgers and his core entourage: top receiver Davante Adams, multipurpose wingman Aaron Jones, bodyguards David Bakhtiari and Bryan Bulaga.

The massive overhaul allowed the Packers to escape four years of 10-6 (at best) doldrums to finish 13-3, placing them two games away from the Super Bowl. The organization did its part. Now it's time for Rodgers to do Tom Brady stuff, Hall of Famer stuff, $134 million contract stuff.

Full article: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/287 ... m=referral
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Ha! LIke we didn't know this! But interesting...

Seahawks Games Are the Craziest. There’s Data to Prove It.
Seattle’s games are close. The endings are dramatic. The probability swings are steep. Here’s the data behind it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/seahawks-g ... 1578498208
― Albert Einstein
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

I grew up a Packers fan but I've come to like the Seahawks at least as much and I expect I'll be rooting for Seattle on Sunday. If the Packers win I won't be disappointed though. I'm the only one who's picked the Packers to win so far and I'm wondering why the rest of you have picked the Seahawks.

Their offensive line is beaten up a bit and that could be an issue and the Packers have had the bye. Also, I believe I read this morning that the Seahawks haven't won at Lambeau in two decades. Anyway, just wondering what your thoughts are . . . not that I would be shocked if Seattle wins.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

It is time. [icon_lol2.gif]

I just think Russ has looked better this year than Aaron has. Maybe Aaron was saving his energy? It's going to be a fun game to watch, nerve wracking but fun.

Speaking of Green Bay:

Lambeau Field shovelers needed Sunday

700 shovelers asked to begin at 6 a.m., with temporary parking available in Lot 6.

Shovelers need to be at least 18 years old and will receive $12 per hour, with payment to be made immediately upon completion of their work. The Packers will provide shovels to all who come to help.

https://wkow.com/2020/01/09/lambeau-fie ... 59ObPFF0-Y

Edited to add: Sorry, I forgot most of what I was going to say because I had to go shovel snow AGAIN.

Lambeau is forecast to get 8-12" of snow. :D

And funny you mention rooting for Green Bay, before the Seahawks (who didn't come along until 1976) my favorite team was the Bengals. Why you ask? Because they had pretty helmets. haha

Off topic for a second! I am really looking forward to the Clemson @ LSU game on Monday at 5:00. That is going to be one heck of a game. Both of those quarterbacks are amazing.
― Albert Einstein
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ plus Seahawks are due for a win at Lambeau Field.

my hats off to the Green Bay Packers organization for what they been able to do in small market team. Be able to pick 2 diamonds in the rough in Brett Favre (getting him from the Falcons, after only 4 pass attempts in Atlanta) then Aaron Rogers (drafted round 1/24th overall).

I will admit behind Seattle my next team has been GBP.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

ferri wrote:It is time. [icon_lol2.gif]

I just think Russ has looked better this year than Aaron has. Maybe Aaron was saving his energy? It's going to be a fun game to watch, nerve wracking but fun.

Speaking of Green Bay:

Lambeau Field shovelers needed Sunday

700 shovelers asked to begin at 6 a.m., with temporary parking available in Lot 6.

Shovelers need to be at least 18 years old and will receive $12 per hour, with payment to be made immediately upon completion of their work. The Packers will provide shovels to all who come to help.

https://wkow.com/2020/01/09/lambeau-fie ... 59ObPFF0-Y

Edited to add: Sorry, I forgot most of what I was going to say because I had to go shovel snow AGAIN.

Lambeau is forecast to get 8-12" of snow. :D

And funny you mention rooting for Green Bay, before the Seahawks (who didn't come along until 1976) my favorite team was the Bengals. Why you ask? Because they had pretty helmets. haha

Off topic for a second! I am really looking forward to the Clemson @ LSU game on Monday at 5:00. That is going to be one heck of a game. Both of those quarterbacks are amazing.
The Packers during the Lombardi era were such a clutch team. I remember watching those NFL championship games against the Dallas Cowboys and the heartbreaking losses that the Cowboys suffered. So near and yet so far . . . and I particularly remember the "Ice Bowl" played on December 31, 1967.

With no timeouts left, and 16 seconds left in the game, Bart Starr ran the ball into the end zone on a wedge play to take the lead. Coach Landry and the Cowboys were convinced that the Packers would pass because with no timeouts left it would have been difficult to get another play off. But run it they did and the Packers had their third championship in three years.

By the way, many of the Cowboys were convinced that Donny Anderson had already scored on first down but the official simply missed it. Donny Anderson himself has some recollections about that famous drive:

https://www.packersnews.com/videos/spor ... 108760818/

Yes, I'm looking forward to LSU and Clemson on Monday night. Should be a great game. I'm going with LSU although it's hard to bet against the team that's won 29 games in a row!

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”