World Junior Hockey Championship

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Re: World Junior Hockey Championship

Post by jaz301 »

Wooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! Gold for Canada!!!!! What a game.
Life is too sho......
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Carter Hart (supporting role goal post) kept Canada in the game tonight, Sweden was out playing our team. Not only shutting down our power play but also scoring short handed goal.
In third period very timely shot with a tip + empty netter by Canada.

Congratulations to Team Canada on Gold Medal win.

Added later: Looking forward to defending our Gold Medal win in Vancouver & Victoria, next Boxing Day.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

anyone see the Swedish captain toss his silver medal into the crowd? What a gracious loser. I would be so embarrassed if anyone on Team Canada did that after a loss.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/sweden-s- ... -1.3748302
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

safe bet he will regret it, but i love his passion, gold or nothing
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
bob57

Foot gold

Post by bob57 »

Lias Andersson and his hissy fit of tossing his Silver Medal into the crowds is a sign of how much of a protected lifestyle he grew up with. He should be dropped from playing for Sweden and ineligible for playing in the NHL for life. As a captain he is disgracefully negligent in leadership qualities and I am glad Canada showed him how to play the game.
GordonH

Re: Foot gold

Post by GordonH »

bob57 wrote:Lias Andersson and his hissy fit of tossing his Silver Medal into the crowds is a sign of how much of a protected lifestyle he grew up with. He should be dropped from playing for Sweden and ineligible for playing in the NHL for life. As a captain he is disgracefully negligent in leadership qualities and I am glad Canada showed him how to play the game.

To all of those who have jumped all over this person.
Please remember he is 19 year old kid who just put in 60 minute winner take all game, their team went undefeated up to this game. They shutdown the best power play team of the tournament.
Emotions are running high, as 1 poster said once he cools down... he may regret his actions.

All the player in this tournament are under 20 years of age, emotions happen. They will come out
Last edited by GordonH on Jan 6th, 2018, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

You don’t win silver, you lose gold. Not saying I’d do the same, but don’t blame him for being upset!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

bob57 wrote:Lias Andersson and his hissy fit of tossing his Silver Medal into the crowds is a sign of how much of a protected lifestyle he grew up with. He should be dropped from playing for Sweden and ineligible for playing in the NHL for life. As a captain he is disgracefully negligent in leadership qualities and I am glad Canada showed him how to play the game.

GordonH wrote:To all of those who have jumped all over this person.
Please remember he is 19 year old kid who just put in 60 minute winner take all game, their team went undefeated up to this game. They shutdown the best power play team of the tournament.
Emotions are running high, as 1 poster said once he cools down... he may regret his actions.

All the player in this tournament are under 20 years of age, emotions happen. They will come out

Would also like to added, unlike many players in this tournament who are from Europe but play for an NA team. This Captain plays for team in Sweden, so most likely thousand Km away from home on his own (possibly for first time). Add to that the responsibility of be the Captain of the team.

All I ask is give the kid a break

Added later: how is it, the guy who caught medal went from wearing US jersey to a team Sweden jersey..... very curious.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Hahaha, good one Theo!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

^^^ HA HA HA, I bet Theo would love to give JT the business. Atta boy Theo!! ^^^
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

GordonH wrote:
Added later: how is it, the guy who caught medal went from wearing US jersey to a team Sweden jersey..... very curious.

He was a guy from Buffalo who loves hockey. He was wearing the Swedish jersey to bug some of his Canadian friends who were at the game.

I will give this kid a break. He got his medal back at the end of the day, as the nice guy who caught it gave it back.

https://www.bardown.com/the-legendary-f ... d-1.961904
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bumped

Majority of people enjoy this time of the year for whole different reason then myself.

2 items that are always circled are the World Junior Championship & to lesser degree the Spengler Cup.

Unfortunately due to prior family commitments, I won't be attending in person (stuff happens).

Added: I've been to number of major hockey events in my life time, only 1 remain. Spending christmas in Davos Switzerland.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Starting tomorrow the best holiday tradition, Canada vs Denmark.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote:Starting tomorrow the best holiday tradition, Canada vs Denmark.

GO CANADA GO :yahoo:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”