Major League Baseball

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing.

Re: Major League Baseball

Postby Jflem1983 » Oct 22nd, 2018, 6:08 pm

GordonH wrote:Underdog team is out, so I could care less who wins between the Dodgers & Red Soxs

Agreed
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Liked in: 3272 posts

Postby mexi cali » Oct 23rd, 2018, 1:13 pm

Love the interview from 1939, Grantland Rice. "Poisonal" and "foist". The way they used to pronounce things in the East in the US. Classic.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Liked in: 4079 posts

Postby ferri » Dec 7th, 2018, 10:41 am

This is so sad.

Former MLB players Luis Valbuena, Jose Castillo killed in car crash in Venezuela

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/former-m ... -venezuela
“When someone is nasty or treats you poorly, don't take it personally. It says nothing about you, but a lot about them.” ― Michael Josephson
ferri
Forum Administrator

Liked in: 10108 posts

Postby GordonH » Apr 25th, 2019, 3:04 pm

Bumped

I suspect this will lessen the blow of Leafs (fans) being knocked out of the playoffs.

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. starts his major league career tomorrow, I've never been a big baseball fan. This kid is the real deal, truly a chip off his father dna (based on his minor league play).

When I did watch mlb it was Montreal Expos
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence

Country plough boy likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8718 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby bob vernon » Apr 26th, 2019, 2:40 pm

Vladimir Guerrero Jr to the Hall of Fame already. In a new category: most hype before having played a major league game. I believe this guy will have incredible stats for a year or two and then his weight will blow out a knee or ankle and he'll decline sharply.
bob vernon
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1474 posts

Postby GordonH » Apr 26th, 2019, 3:19 pm

bob vernon wrote:Vladimir Guerrero Jr to the Hall of Fame already. In a new category: most hype before having played a major league game. I believe this guy will have incredible stats for a year or two and then his weight will blow out a knee or ankle and he'll decline sharply.

Jays are starting him at 3rd, he had better have strong knees for that spot. Big guys usually are stay at home 1st baseman... i.e David Ortiz "Big Papi"
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8718 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby Country plough boy » Apr 27th, 2019, 1:27 pm

Country plough boy
Übergod

Liked in: 602 posts

Previous

Return to Sports / Great Outdoors