WHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Re: WHL

Post by MAPearce »

DAMN IT !!!!!!......

Hockey is bad for my heart .

I need more beer ...........
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Way to go Rockets! What a comeback!
Life is too sho......
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

jaz301 wrote:I love Regan Bartel play calling (though it could be biased being a rockets fan). I just love how excited he gets and makes the play sound intense. I am always on the edge of my seat when I listen in.

As an amateur pbp guy myself, Regan to me is how to call a game the right way. Some of his idiosyncracies may not be for everyone, but I love how much information he's able to convey, and the intensity he brings during exciting moments. His knowledge of the league and the sport is second to none. We're lucky to have him.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Tuned in to OT as I finally got a chance, saw after they scored in the last second then took it down.....wonderful.

I love our announcer when they win too, he's an excitable guy at the regular times and passes soccer announcers on these. HA

Go Rockets
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

DOUBLE DAMN IT !!!...

Regan to me is how to call a game the right way.

He's no John Shorthouse , that's for sure..

he could just . call . the game . That's all

Good news though , I'll likely go to more Rockets games now rather than listen to him because the Rockets won...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Before the series started I thought that Victoria would win and after the Royals beat the Rockets here on Sunday I was sure again that it would end for the Rockets tonight. This evening the Rockets were outplayed by Victoria for the first two periods but they somehow managed to pull it out with that last second goal to tie it up and then the OT winner. What a win for these players and for the franchise.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Well done Rockets...sigh.... What a fantastic game.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

that was fun to watch :130:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Hell of game 7 and what a comeback for Rockets, next up Seattle Thunderbirds

1. Fri Apr 22 in Kelowna @ 7:05pm
2. Sat Apr 23 in Kelowna @ 7:05pm
3. Tue Apr 26 in Seattle @ 7:05pm
4. Wed Apr 27 In Seattle @ 7:05pm
5. Fri Apr 29 in Kelowna @ 7:05pm
6. Sun May 01 in Seattle @ 5:05pm
7. Tue May 03 in Kelowna @ 7:05pm

At this point Shaw has not announced which series (Eastern or Western Conferences) they are televising.

Added tidbit: if Red Deer & Kelowna make it to finals, then both will be automatically go to the Memorial Cup (since Red Deer is the Host). Only need to determined WHL Champion
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought that game and 4 of us watched on a 10" IPad at the kitchen eat bar and what a blast.

o.2 left. Who woulda thought it was even possible. And then to finish it off so quickly.

I haven`t seen a game that ended like that and was so exciting in a long, long time.

Watch the replays; if Kirkland steps into that shot instead of letting it go off his heels, game over.

He will likely never score another one as big as that. Did you see the smile on his face after the buzzer on the bench? That's what makes moms N dads proud.

That`s why they play for 60 minutes.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

And moments like this;

kirkland.jpg
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

mexicalidreamer wrote:Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought that game and 4 of us watched on a 10" IPad at the kitchen eat bar and what a blast.

o.2 left. Who woulda thought it was even possible. And then to finish it off so quickly.

I haven`t seen a game that ended like that and was so exciting in a long, long time.

Watch the replays; if Kirkland steps into that shot instead of letting it go off his heels, game over.

AC Travis Crickard broke down the tying goal play in the postgame show. Cal Foote got the puck at the right point with about 3 seconds left. You'd think he would shoot, but he didn't. Passed to Kirkland. You'd think Kirkland would get a shot off ASAP but he didn't either. Stickhandled to move the defenceman out of the way, shot and scored.

Two plays that seemed the opposite of common sense, which ended up being the right play after all. Even at the junior level, the instinct and skill these players show is phenomenal at times.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Post by Straight Shooter »

At this point Shaw has not announced which series (Eastern or Western Conferences) they are televising

I was sure that last night Shaw said they were going to broadcast the Brandon/Red Deer series. Couldn't believe the outcome of the game last night considering the Royals were the much better team in both game six and seven.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

At this point Shaw has not announced which series (Eastern or Western Conferences) they are televising

Straight Shooter wrote:I was sure that last night Shaw said they were going to broadcast the Brandon/Red Deer series. Couldn't believe the outcome of the game last night considering the Royals were the much better team in both game six and seven.

Bummer, I have no interest in that series
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

It's to bad Shaw couldn't air the Red Deer vs Brandon for viewers in Eastern Conference & Seattle vs Kelowna for viewers in Western Conference.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”