Memorial Cup

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Memorial Cup

Post by GordonH »

http://www.mastercardmemorialcup.ca/sch ... FVancouver

Games will be played in former home of Quebec Nordiques Colisée Pepsi, as host team Quebec Remparts gets a bye.

Teams
Quebec Remparts
Rimouski Océanic
OHL team will either be Oshawa Generals or Erie Otters (at time of this post Oshawa leads Erie 3 to 1)
Kelowna Rockets

Games are being aired on Sportsnet Pacific, link above give times in PST.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Re: Memorial Cup

Post by GordonH »

So the only unknown is who coming out of OHL, as of tonight it's looking like Oshawa Generals they are up 3 games to 1 over Connor McDavid's Erie Otters.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

With Erie out now Kelowna has to be the clear fav to win now.
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Teams are set
QMJHL Quebec Remparts (Host Team)
QMJHL Rimouski Océanic
OHL Oshawa Generals
WHL Kelowna Rockets

No Connor McDavid at the 2015 Memorial Cup

First game sees Kelowna vs Quebec on Friday May 22 on Sportsnet Pacific 4:30pm PST
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

jaz301 wrote:With Erie out now Kelowna has to be the clear fav to win now.

I really like our chances.
Don't count out gold medal goalie & 2013 Memorial Cup winner. Quebec Remparts went out and got him for this reason.

Added:
Last Top 10 CHL ranking before playoffs:

1) Oshawa Generals
2) Kelowna Rockets
5) Rimouski Oceanic
Honourable Mention: Quebec Remparts
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

GordonH wrote:So the only unknown is who coming out of OHL, as of tonight it's looking like Oshawa Generals they are up 3 games to 1 over Connor McDavid's Erie Otters.

Good thing that the otters are out...we would have to hear the orgasm fest the sports casters would be doing over McDavid for the next week or so.

Just like Im glad that the Laffs never get into the playoffs because if they do you would think they won the stanley cup
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Winning the round robin does not guarantee winning the Cup (just a by into the finals). As long as Kelowna makes top 3 that ensures a chance to play for the Cup.
Do not want to be4 #4 on the list.

Added: few times the #3 team has saved the best for semi's & the finals.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

GordonH wrote:Winning the round robin does not guarantee winning the Cup (just a by into the finals). As long as Kelowna makes top 3 that ensures a chance to play for the Cup.
Do not want to be4 #4 on the list.

Added: few times the #3 team has saved the best for semi's & the finals.

Also i you dont want to play in that tie breaker game either. You would play 3 games in 4 nights if you made it to finals and if you are Quebec or Rimouski it would be 4 games in 5 nights.

I have high hopes of the rockets winning, but without knowing much about other teams its hard to say. I think that what makes this tournament interesting to is these teams no very little about how the other teams play other than what they have seen on video.
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Very true jaz about tie breaker. We do know that Quebec Remparts went out & got WJC gold medal goalie & pervious Memorial Cup winner from Halifax Moosehead.
Just for this reason to win Memorial Cup, because he knows what it takes to do so. If he turns out games like what won either WJC in January, or 2013 Memorial Cup Championship. It could be lights out for the other 3 teams.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

---GO ROCKETS GO---
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Not the start I was looking for and Madison Bowey was more of liability then anything else, no surprise.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

they played horrible defence tonight imo
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

the truth wrote:they played horrible defence tonight imo

True, with that at least 2 of Quebec goals could be directly contributed to by Madison foolishness/brain fart.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

that's for sure.....

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”