European Cup

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: European Cup

Post by GordonH »

I’m not going to speculate who’s going to win today, hopefully it’s good game with minimum of dives.

Also may there be minimum of fights at sports bars around the country. :biggrin:

Italy vs England for Euro Cup, starts at noon today.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

I'll watch, but there are a couple of things I don't like about soccer. One is the diving and watching some guy writhing in pain when he wasn't touched. The other the the English television announcers. I often just turn off the audio and watch. I can't stand that plummy air of superiority from the English announcers. Especially if they're winning.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

bob vernon wrote: Jul 11th, 2021, 8:03 am I'll watch, but there are a couple of things I don't like about soccer. One is the diving and watching some guy writhing in pain when he wasn't touched. The other the the English television announcers. I often just turn off the audio and watch. I can't stand that plummy air of superiority from the English announcers. Especially if they're winning.
I figure it’s no different then all the BS on all news these days (difference soccer is at least entertaining lol), btw I to turn off the volume.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

bob vernon wrote: Jul 11th, 2021, 8:03 am One is the diving and watching some guy writhing in pain when he wasn't touched.
That is rather pathetic. I haven't seen it for a while now but when the player took a dive in the past and held onto his shin or whatever, the trainer came out onto the field and with the water bottle sprinkled some magical fluid about and the player promptly leapt up and carried on.

I want some of that miracle fluid.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

bob vernon wrote: Jul 11th, 2021, 8:03 am I'll watch, but there are a couple of things I don't like about soccer. One is the diving and watching some guy writhing in pain when he wasn't touched. The other the the English television announcers. I often just turn off the audio and watch. I can't stand that plummy air of superiority from the English announcers. Especially if they're winning.
hockey players they are not. https://www.tmz.com/2021/06/29/brendan- ... anley-cup/
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

the truth wrote: Jul 11th, 2021, 10:26 am hockey players they are not. https://www.tmz.com/2021/06/29/brendan- ... anley-cup/
Instead hockey has numerous dirty players, that enjoy giving fellow players concussions.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Interesting videos online of the English yobs crashing the gates at Wembley.
Somewhat typical of the reputation English football fans have earned.
If things continue to go south I can see England never getting to host the World Cup.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... Italy.html
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

bb49 wrote: Jul 11th, 2021, 11:46 am Interesting videos online of the English yobs crashing the gates at Wembley.
If things continue to go south I can see England never getting to host the World Cup.

English hooligans have been banned from venues around Europe before, probably happen again.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote: Jul 11th, 2021, 11:48 am
bb49 wrote: Jul 11th, 2021, 11:46 am Interesting videos online of the English yobs crashing the gates at Wembley.

English hooligans have been banned from venues around Europe before, probably happen again.
indeed those english hooligans love to fight win or lose, let the world diving championship begin [icon_lol2.gif]
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Congratulations to Italy on winning the Euro Championship.

btw... I’ve never liked championship being decided on penalty kicks.

Next up is 2022 FIFA World Cup from Qatar.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Terrible performance by England in the second half. They basically sat back on their butts and let Italy come to them.
And then putting in three young subs late in the extra time! One is only 19. They had barely warmed up, no sense of feel for the ball.
Poor decisions by Southgate.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

bb49 wrote: Jul 11th, 2021, 9:18 pm Terrible performance by England in the second half. They basically sat back on their butts and let Italy come to them.
And then putting in three young subs late in the extra time! One is only 19. They had barely warmed up, no sense of feel for the ball.
Poor decisions by Southgate.
putting in those 3 young subs who did not score,was just plain stupid , not sure if the coach just wanted pc points , good chance it cost them this title

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”