Eskimos name change?

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Snman
Übergod

Eskimos name change?

Post by Snman »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#211157

Yes, it's all about 'inclusiveness' these days. The mayor of Winnipeg ought to mind his own business instead of using his position to influence professional sports, imho. If he actually respected the Edmonton Eskimos he would have made his suggestion in a private letter, rather than grandstanding in the name of inclusiveness which seems to be the word of the year. Interesting to note that the name Blue Bombers was a rip off of a nickname for Joe Louis, the Brown Bomber. Can we admit that sports teams are not out to make any sort of political statement and move along to more important issues? In Alaska, the term Eskimo is still in use. Anyway....
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Eskimos name change?

Post by vegas1500 »

j watson wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-211157-7-.htm#211157

Yes, it's all about 'inclusiveness' these days. The mayor of Winnipeg ought to mind his own business instead of using his position to influence professional sports, imho. If he actually respected the Edmonton Eskimos he would have made his suggestion in a private letter, rather than grandstanding in the name of inclusiveness which seems to be the word of the year. Interesting to note that the name Blue Bombers was a rip off of a nickname for Joe Louis, the Brown Bomber. Can we admit that sports teams are not out to make any sort of political statement and move along to more important issues? In Alaska, the term Eskimo is still in use. Anyway....

What an idiot....why would that bother him. He's just stirring the pot before the semi final game this weekend. Hopefully it :cuss: the eskimos and they kick winnipegs butt!
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

that guy needs a punch in the face
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

bumped up

I knew the ownership wanted to keep the double EE, Edmonton fans will have let grow onto them. I suspect going to next Grey Cup would help.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Sports/33 ... ep-forward
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

Snman wrote: Nov 9th, 2017, 3:36 pm https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#211157

Awesome post, and so true. Its gotten embarrassing for us as a country.
Flag waving, inclusiveness, woke, grandstanding. Its the new way for all the lefts of society. All the victim hoods that everyone is claiming.
I really do not think there is any thought behind these people pushing this crap, they just want to be someone or something.
Guess because of them the Eskimos have to go.
I might have to sell my Suzuki Samurai too.
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

Do they still make Eskimo Pies ice cream treat or is that something that will also cause world collapse ??
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
django
Board Meister

Post by django »

Noisy Boater wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 5:26 am Do they still make Eskimo Pies ice cream treat or is that something that will also cause world collapse ??
From Wikipedia
Eskimo Pie was an American brand of chocolate-covered vanilla ice cream bar wrapped in foil. It was the first such dessert sold in the United States. It is marketed by Dreyer's, a division of Froneri. The dessert was rebranded to Edy's Pie in 2021 due to the belief that Eskimo was a derogatory term.

I'm sure the Indigenous circumpolar people are relieved, and will finally be able to carry on.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

django wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 9:08 am
Noisy Boater wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 5:26 am Do they still make Eskimo Pies ice cream treat or is that something that will also cause world collapse ??
From Wikipedia
Eskimo Pie was an American brand of chocolate-covered vanilla ice cream bar wrapped in foil. It was the first such dessert sold in the United States. It is marketed by Dreyer's, a division of Froneri. The dessert was rebranded to Edy's Pie in 2021 due to the belief that Eskimo was a derogatory term.

I'm sure the Indigenous circumpolar people are relieved, and will finally be able to carry on.
Eskimo Pie is kaput.
It's now Edy's Pie. I'm sure Edy is happy.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edy's_Pie
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Edy the Eskimo?
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Edmonton Elks CEO Ian Murray said at a news conference yesterday that fans are too old and too white for the new community they are trying to Foster.

Hope all the white old men do not go or take their families and friends to any more games.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

featfan wrote: Nov 24th, 2021, 11:56 am Edmonton Elks CEO Ian Murray said at a news conference yesterday that fans are too old and too white for the new community they are trying to Foster.

Hope all the white old men do not go or take their families and friends to any more games.
That's a head shaker. Now what sports team would hire a guy that says really, really dumb things like that.
At least the team fired the idiot.
https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/significant ... -1.5676424

He's also the same guy that oversaw the name change.
Hey, maybe there's a woke football team in Loudoun county.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

He is still there , not fired.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bottom line the team wasn’t good enough, so they traded away QB didn’t really help. So coach, GM & President are fired.

Edmonton has always been a winning or at competitive team, btw name change is least of there problems.

Added later: may Winnipeg repeat
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”