Firearms Forum!

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Re: Firearms Forum!

Post by hozzle »

There are a few youngsters in the air soft sport eligible to vote now. Some had passed their provisional RPAL courses when they were in their early teens and had to wait until 18 to get their license, they will more than likely vote for someone other than a Liberal if they want to actually own a handgun.
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Fancy wrote: Feb 3rd, 2023, 12:38 pm Maybe I get to keep my rifle….
Never drop your guard when it comes to Justin Trudeau.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

One thing for sure is if the gas station sushi has been left out on the counter in the hot sun all day long, I still trust it more than I trust Trudeau.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
django
Board Meister

Post by django »

Just bought my second Henry lever rifle, first was a blued .22 that I was quite happy with. I then found a great price on a Henry 45-70 lever, with a brass receiver, butt plate and barrel band on walnut and a blued hexagon barrel. Brand new from a dealer in Ontario to my door $1540, what a work of art. I’m almost afraid to take it anywhere but the range. I’m probably going to put either a Skinner or a Ranger peep sight on it, I’m torn between all brass or brass and black, lol…what to do. As I get older I seem to be gaining more appreciation for the older rifles and their history.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

django wrote: Feb 24th, 2023, 7:22 pm Just bought my second Henry lever rifle,
For some reason or another I have Winchester 1895 lever, 24" barrel in 44 mag on my mind. Sold out on most sites except the scam sites.
Pretty pricey though if one can find one.

45-70.... that 45 caliber over 70 grains of powder? Pretty good punch I bet.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

oldtrucker wrote: Mar 25th, 2023, 4:13 pm If you invested in antique firearms, your investment is going up faster than real estate n' gold.
No handguns at this house, the Mrs doesn't like them( I like shooting them ). BUT, I have long guns, the recent purchase, Winchester 1894 lever, 20" barrel in 44 mag. Ammo is stupid expensive, about as much as my 300 PRC for 50 rounds though.. I have dies but it is not easy to find 44 mag brass but found some 44 special brass locally. That will have to do and will have to keep the lands clean as the special is a bit shorter than the mag.
Still a bit too much snow above to go do battle with paper.

Does one use those collector pieces or are they mantle pieces?
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

seewood wrote: Mar 26th, 2023, 9:13 am
oldtrucker wrote: Mar 25th, 2023, 4:13 pm If you invested in antique firearms, your investment is going up faster than real estate n' gold.
No handguns at this house, the Mrs doesn't like them( I like shooting them ). BUT, I have long guns, the recent purchase, Winchester 1894 lever, 20" barrel in 44 mag. Ammo is stupid expensive, about as much as my 300 PRC for 50 rounds though.. I have dies but it is not easy to find 44 mag brass but found some 44 special brass locally. That will have to do and will have to keep the lands clean as the special is a bit shorter than the mag.
Still a bit too much snow above to go do battle with paper.

Does one use those collector pieces or are they mantle pieces?
X-reload has 44 mag nickel-plated brass. Starline brand, gets good reviews. Budget Shooter Supply also lists brass casings in stock.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Mar 26th, 2023, 9:45 am X-reload has 44 mag nickel-plated brass. Starline brand, gets good reviews. Budget Shooter Supply also lists brass casings in stock.
Great stuff, Thanks for this.
Even fired cases are a hot commodity on Gunpost...
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

oldtrucker wrote: Mar 26th, 2023, 10:09 am I think i have some 44 mag brass kicking around as well as some 44 Russian which was the parent of the 44mag. Need any 455 webley brass?
Re: Firearms Forum!Quote seewood
by seewood » 16 minutes ago
Thank you for the offer. GF's lead has me purchasing a couple of bags from Budget. Thanks guys :130:
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

^^^ wow, some prices for those firearms are wild. Wonder why the M14 was as expensive as it was? Same with the M16, thousands of those still in Vietnam. Just how much more can they appreciate before buyers say enough?

I suppose some with the means and desire will pay whatever it takes.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

seewood wrote: Mar 27th, 2023, 8:01 am ^^^ wow, some prices for those firearms are wild. Wonder why the M14 was as expensive as it was? Same with the M16, thousands of those still in Vietnam. Just how much more can they appreciate before buyers say enough?

I suppose some with the means and desire will pay whatever it takes.
Check the prices of SKSs! I remember when they were $189, then they hoovered around $249 - $349 with the higher priced ones having a Tapco or Archangel conversion. Now, $700 for a plain Jane woody Tula.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

In case anyone is interested

Kamloops gun show 2023.jpg
I haven't failed until I quit.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

^^^ Missed the one in Penticton a couple of weeks ago. But having just purchased my first lever action, best not spend any more on rifles for a bit.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

My son wants a lever-action, it's on his wish-list.

My husband is now drooling over antique revolvers. I blame Red Ded Redemption :admin:
I haven't failed until I quit.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

oldtrucker wrote: May 2nd, 2023, 1:28 pm Tell him to be very careful if buying a antique from
' some guy' from gunpost. A person can have a $5000 or more paperweight if they don't know what they are doing.
I know a guy who can help Mr. tahPa out though!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”