Firearms Forum!

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Firearms Forum!

Post by Leifer »

So the great AR-15 rifle ban scare has come and gone. :130:

Many, many ARs flew off the shelf and are now in the hands of law abiding citizens.

I wonder if the Liberals have learned anything from this "fracas"?

Cya all at the range!
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
t76turbo
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by t76turbo »

Have a couple of sks. I believe they were the go to before the ak47 came along. Stripper clips make them sooo quick to reload.
My all around fun gun has always been my Ruger mini 30 in stainless with folding stock. Also chambered in 7.62x39 like the sks.
Buy ammo by the case!
My big game go to is my savage116 in 338 Win mag in stainless, with brake and synthetic stock. I find it kicks less than my A-bolt 06. Just don’t stand next to me when it goes boom! :D
My last couple deer hunts I brought out my Keltec RFB, that starts a lot of conversations!
I really like your post, just can’t find the button. I’m part of the fringe minority.
Defund the CBC? You bet, they are part of the spreading hate machine, protecting their captain!
Country plough boy
Übergod

Post by Country plough boy »

I have 3 cases full of rifles ans shot guns in my sea can. A few are junkers or parts guns. A few are restored by me. And some are never fired bran new. I like my guns
KTM Kid

Post by KTM Kid »

So I have a question for the forum,

I was up Goudie FSR Sunday afternoon with my father, doing some shooting at the well used and established gravel pit range. If you're not familiar with this spot, there is a passing road along one side and a dead end road along the other(goes in about 200yrs and ends). As always, we check for other forest users along the dead end road, shoot towards the bank and away from the passing road, and have one person keep an ear and eye out for anyone passing by while the other shoots.
A group of ATVers pass though towards us along the road, we see them, stop and wait for them to go by. They then turn and cut STRAIGHT across the bottom of the bank into what would be our shooting lane, pull up and ask if we're targeting shooting so we tell them we are. He then tell us that we're being careless in the way we're shooting because of the two roads into the area and threaten to take down our plate number and report us. As they drove off, they then cut through over the banks coming into the area, through the trees and over vegetation.
Careless? Am I missing something here? Short of putting up cardboard signs at the entrance points saying, "Caution, active shooting ahead" what else could we have done?
That same location has been used in the same manner since I was a kid. I'll admit, maybe others have set up in a way that could be dangerous, but in no way was this the case.
Maybe they didn't see us as they came tearing in, I don't know.
Similar thing happened in the fall as well. Wood cutters drove in while we were actively using the area and parked in a very dangerous spot, we explained we were there first and were not comfortable shooting while they cut. They told us to pound sand!

Has anyone else had a situation like this come about? How often and what happened?
t76turbo
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by t76turbo »

I’m not familiar with the area but it sounds like you did everything right. Whoever is in an area that uses it first should have to right to continue doing so. Just because somebody else moves in they don’t get to run you out.

The safe thing to do when that happens though is to just move on and find a different spot. I know that sucks because you’re already set up but this world is full of idiots. Every time you pull that trigger you are responsible for that bullet where ever that may end up.

One of my best friends ended up accidentally shooting somebody many years ago. We used to go shooting together almost every weekend while still in high school, and up to a few years thereafter. One weekend he went out shooting with a new acquaintance. Well, this Darwin award applicant finished shooting and got up and walked right in front of my buddies rifle, who was still focussed on his target and looking through the scope. Unbeknownst to him right as he pulled the trigger the guy stepped in front of his .22 barrel and ended up taking a bullet in the chest. He survived (little .22) but guess who got sued, lost all his guns, and was investigated.
It was ruled accidental however he lost over $200,000 in a civil trial.

It’s your bullet, know your target and beyond!
I really like your post, just can’t find the button. I’m part of the fringe minority.
Defund the CBC? You bet, they are part of the spreading hate machine, protecting their captain!
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Country plough boy wrote:SKS are great gravel yard guns. You can field strip them with a dime and a bullet. Built to last. Just avoid the corrosive ammo.

I hear Windex through the barrel will neutralize the corrosion
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

IMG_0976.jpg
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

oldtrucker wrote:Remington 7600 pump in 30.06 or .308 short barrel carbine...thoughts?

For hunting?
WW
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

I say longer the barrel the better
WW
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Yes but with the longer barrel, you can stay on the ridge above the willows
WW
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 1791 »

Sorry, I can't resist this anymore. What else would it be for other than hunting?

Anyway....here is a question on the PAL application...

"List all of your conjugal partners in the last 2 years"
[icon_lol2.gif]
If a person came home with a new partner every weekend and they didn't even know their partners name...um...see where I'm going with this?[/quote]

A pump action rifle. Right on. I love my .22 pump actions. How do u like it in a centre fire
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 1791 »

oldtrucker wrote:
1791 wrote:A pump action rifle. Right on. I love my .22 pump actions. How do u like it in a centre fire

I find it a bit quicker than a lever that I haven't dumped a thousand rounds through and super comfy with it.
The question I was asking was has anyone had a Rem 7600 pump carbine short 18 in barrel in .270 , .308, or 30.06- what do they think of it?

My 30.06 and .308 both kick like small horses. Doubt a pump would help with that. Short of a 16 pound heavy barrel i am not sure anything will reduce that kick. Never have fired my .270.
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 1791 »

So a paintball gun in a vehicle caused a big police scare in Vernon today. This irrational fear of guns needs to be stopped. Education is key.
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 1791 »

oldtrucker wrote:I really wish the gods of the internet would delete old and bogus store locations.
I went to Bear Creek Sports off of Banks-closed.
And then Grouse whatever off of Enterprise...closed.
Are there any gun stores still in business here?

A and c sports on banks. Weber martin on powick rd
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

oldtrucker wrote:I really wish the gods of the internet would delete old and bogus store locations.
I went to Bear Creek Sports off of Banks-closed.
And then Grouse whatever off of Enterprise...closed.
Are there any gun stores still in business here?

Del Selin in Vernon is great. If you’re old and crusty, you’ll fit right in. Those guys know their stuff.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”