2018 world cup

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

2018 world cup

Post by the truth »

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/
i am hoping for a belgium or germany win . it could get really ugly too https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/94 ... ans-ultras
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: 2018 world cup

Post by GordonH »

To me it doesn't matter who wins, I'm looking forward to watching the beautiful game being played by the best players.
It's a shame the organization it self is so damn corrupt, meaning FIFA.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote:To me it doesn't matter who wins, I'm looking forward to watching the beautiful game being played by the best players.
It's a shame the organization it self is so damn corrupt, meaning FIFA.

agree 100% corrupt it is.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Seen the Russian hooligans training. On last nights news . I will be watching for fights in the stands. These guys looked serious. Imagine that. Training for riots. Unreal.

I guess there will be some soccer games played as well
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Jflem1983 wrote:Seen the Russian hooligans training. On last nights news . I will be watching for fights in the stands. These guys looked serious. Imagine that. Training for riots. Unreal.

I guess there will be some soccer games played as well

I guess since team Russia isn't even in top 50 rankings, they will have to entertain themselves somehow. Go ahead Russians, before you do take look what happened with the British (if I'm not mistaken they are still banned from World Cup games)
This is 1 sport I don't expect to see Canada in the rankings, well not the men.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

sad but true...................
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

if i was putin i would make it clear that anyone caught starting a fight -video proof-- will be sent to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya2RFtzfAnI and never get out
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

5 nil Russia wow
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

LTD wrote:5 nil Russia wow

... against Saudia Arabia. Russia never did really good in soccer, so that says something.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Host Russia has it very easy in group stage, only country that is better then them is Uruguay, the other 2 really have nothing.
Hence Saudi Arabia being beaten 5 to 0, the other is Egypt.

So Russia should win 2 out of the 3 group games (impo Uruguay should win Group A)

Here are the grouping: https://www.tsn.ca/fifa-world-cup/groups

Added later: all the other Groups have at least 2 powerhouses with them.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Even Steven wrote:
LTD wrote:5 nil Russia wow

... against Saudia Arabia. Russia never did really good in soccer, so that says something.

both teams are crap I just expected a better showing from the Saudi team
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

The team I will be watching is Iceland, they had an incredible run in the 2016 European Championships :200: shocked a number of power house teams. Can they do it again at World Cup.

They do have there hands full with Argentina & Croatia

First game Saturday 6am PST against Argentina (the name to stop here is: Lionel Messi)
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

GordonH wrote:Host Russia has it very easy in group stage, only country that is better then them is Uruguay, the other 2 really have nothing.

So Russia should win 2 out of the 3 group games (impo Uruguay should win Group A)

Actually every team in the tourney is ranked ahead of Russia, but home field is a huge advantage in soccer. I wouldn't say Egypt has nothing. They have one if the best players in the world in Salah.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Host Russia has it very easy in group stage, only country that is better then them is Uruguay, the other 2 really have nothing.

johnny24 wrote:Actually every team in the tourney is ranked ahead of Russia, but home field is a huge advantage in soccer. I wouldn't say Egypt has nothing. They have one if the best players in the world in Salah.

I mentioned earlier in thread that Russia are not even in the rankings, hosting is not necessarily advantage. Last host to actually play in World Cup finals was 20 years ago, that was France (also they were ranked #8 going into the tournament).

As for Salah he is only now retuning to play after an injury, see how he does against Uruguay (who they play first)
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

First video review in World Cup history at 57th minute results in penalty kick for France ... France 1 - Australia 0
61st minute ... France 1 - Australia 1
80th minute ... France 2 - Australia 1

Argentina vs.Iceland @ 5:30am
Peru vs.Denmark @ 8:30am ... game better be over before I head to work.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”