Kelowna Boat Launches

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing.

Kelowna Boat Launches

Postby classicrockband » Jul 14th, 2018, 6:50 am

I find it astonishing that there are so few good places to launch a boat that have adjacent parking for your rig in Kelowna. This valley's main attraction is the amazing lake and getting on and off it with a boat is becoming almost impossible on a hot summer day. As far as I know there is only one launch (Eldorado) that has parking, and that fills up very quickly. The Water street launch has no parking. Can someone please share any other suitable places that I might be missing here? Thx.
classicrockband

Liked in: 1 post

Re: KELOWNA BOAT LAUNCHES

Postby Whyme2 » Jul 14th, 2018, 7:10 am

classicrockband wrote:I find it astonishing that there are so few good places to launch a boat that have adjacent parking for your rig in Kelowna. This valley's main attraction is the amazing lake and getting on and off it with a boat is becoming almost impossible on a hot summer day. As far as I know there is only one launch (Eldorado) that has parking, and that fills up very quickly. The Water street launch has no parking. Can someone please share any other suitable places that I might be missing here? Thx.

This is Exactly why we got rid of our boat. Unless you moorage your boat the lake is only for the wealthy who have homes on the water front.
Whyme2
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 431 posts

Postby vegas1500 » Jul 14th, 2018, 7:35 am

classicrockband wrote:I find it astonishing that there are so few good places to launch a boat that have adjacent parking for your rig in Kelowna. This valley's main attraction is the amazing lake and getting on and off it with a boat is becoming almost impossible on a hot summer day. As far as I know there is only one launch (Eldorado) that has parking, and that fills up very quickly. The Water street launch has no parking. Can someone please share any other suitable places that I might be missing here? Thx.

You can use waterstreet and park at prospers place. I like to go to Peachland as I find it easy to park there.
vegas1500
Übergod

Liked in: 1793 posts

Postby Queen K » Jul 14th, 2018, 7:37 am

I have always wondered why a private homeowner on the lake hasn't seen the money potential to allow people to launch their boat from their property. Form a club if you have to, limit the numbers, but allow people to launch their boat.
Here I thought there was nothing lower than a snakes belly in a rut in a ditch. I was wrong.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 13808 posts

Postby ArcticCatHouse » Jul 14th, 2018, 7:39 am

You can park at prospera Place with your trailer, it isn't cheap on convenient though.

The main problem with the Water street boat launch is the 4 or 5 boat rental companies that have completely taken over the public docks and parking lanes as they do business off the tailgates of their trucks.
And these guys don't just own 1 boat, some companies are pedaling up to 10 or more boats and jet skis off these docks. They often leave the boats when not in use in the 15 minute loading zones for hours, real *bleep* show some days making it very tough for the tax paying public to use this facility.

Bylaws has finally this year been stepping up enforcement this year and finally ticketing these guys, but the tickets are nothing compared to the cash they are bringing in.
ArcticCatHouse

Liked in: 93 posts

Postby vegas1500 » Jul 14th, 2018, 7:41 am

Queen K wrote:I have always wondered why a private homeowner on the lake hasn't seen the money potential to allow people to launch their boat from their property. Form a club if you have to, limit the numbers, but allow people to launch their boat.

Because no they don’t need the cash :up:
vegas1500
Übergod

Liked in: 1793 posts

Postby Queen K » Jul 14th, 2018, 7:45 am

vegas1500 wrote:
Queen K wrote:I have always wondered why a private homeowner on the lake hasn't seen the money potential to allow people to launch their boat from their property. Form a club if you have to, limit the numbers, but allow people to launch their boat.

Because no they don’t need the cash :up:

Ahhhh, but not everyone bought there recently and property taxes have eroded out some retirement savings and earnings.
Maybe someone does need the cash!

Anyway, if were Queen for the Day, I'd get this boat launch thing sorted out for tourists and locals alike.
Here I thought there was nothing lower than a snakes belly in a rut in a ditch. I was wrong.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 13808 posts

Postby JayByrd » Jul 14th, 2018, 7:51 am

I think the logistics and legalities of this would be more trouble than they're worth. And as the OP said, it's not that you can't launch anywhere, it's that there's nowhere to park the truck & trailer while one is on the water. I'm not sure any homeowners would be willing to turn their front and back yards into parking lots, as lucrative as it might be.
My fervent hope is that you and your tax dollars will be reunited in the afterlife.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1433 posts

Return to Sports / Great Outdoors