Bob Probert: Bare-knuckle documentary

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing.

Bob Probert: Bare-knuckle documentary

Postby oneh2obabe » Dec 9th, 2018, 6:19 am

The dark side of professional sports told by one family.

Former Detroit Red Wing Bob Probert is passed out on a couch, wrapped in a blanket, a man struggling with addiction, as his children come down the stairs.

“Good morning!” Dani Probert, his wife, says sweetly to the children. “Merry Christmas!”

The kids bounce around the Christmas tree and look at the presents. As the children approach their father, once named the greatest enforcer in the NHL, Dani says in the background: “I wouldn’t get too close.”

It is painful to watch — a raw, honest look at a man with flaws and demons, who had bounced in and out of rehab centers. Probert rolls on his side and looks totally out of it, his eyes closed, as his kids celebrate Christmas.

The heart-breaking scene was captured in a home movie that is included in a new documentary, “Tough Guy: The Bob Probert Story,” which will premier in his hometown, Windsor, Ontario, on Dec.13 (it is sold out).

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/do ... spartandhp
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Liked in: 7312 posts

Re: Bob Probert: Bare-knuckle documentary

Postby GordonH » Dec 9th, 2018, 10:15 am

Team owners & management wanted enforcers back in the day & encouraged there use, then when those same players needed the league to step up.... they turdled & did nothing (gave peanuts in concussion settlement).

I am a hockey fan, my days of watching nhl is over... I will continue to watch juniors & international competition i.e world cup, olympic games, world juniors & women's hockey.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8720 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Return to Sports / Great Outdoors