Carey Price surprises young fan

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Carey Price surprises young fan

Post by oneh2obabe »

No one tuned into the NHL Awards on Wednesday night expecting to cry, but if they were watching immediately after the presentation of the Jack Adams Award that's exactly what happened.

Accompanying model Camille Kostek on stage was 11-year-old Anderson Whitehead, who appeared in a viral video from February when he got to meet Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price, his favorite hockey player. Whitehead had recently lost his mother to cancer and they had always dreamed of meeting Price but were unable to before she passed away. This inspired Whitehead's family to move heaven and earth to make his dream come true.

Balance of article w/video
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nhl/new ... bfa5a59v7c
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
seewood
Guru

Re: Carey Price surprises young fan

Post by seewood »

Saw the clip on the news this am. Could be in the "What made you smile today" thread but the tear ducts made it more than a smile.

Class act Mr. Price
I am not wealthy but I am rich
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

This was the same kid whose Aunt made it possible for him to meet Carey after his mom died. That was touching enough but seeing him on stage at Vegas and having Price come out to meet with him again? well, lets say, I was touched while I was cutting onions.

There is a star who does understand what a difference he can make in the lives of his fans.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

way to go mr price, :smt045 :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”