Jack Pine Lake

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
oko11
Fledgling

Jack Pine Lake

Post by oko11 »

Just wondering if anyone has been to Jack pine recently. I was told the road had been fixed up, but would like input from someone who has been there recently
mexi cali
Guru

Re: Jack Pine Lake

Post by mexi cali »

Can't speak to that, haven't been there in years. The road was always rough when I went but it is entirely possible that it has been graded. They used to do it once in a while but they never filled in the craters. Lost a couple of good cars in them holes.

Even years ago, there was so much pressure on JPL that the fishing was sketchy at best. I did catch a few decent trout occasionally but also got skunked more often than not.

Stayed up there a time or two with my son, a buddy and FIL. Had a bear come and sniff my head through the tent one night. That was intense. Found a fishing rod floating in the water once that belonged to a fellow who had drowned the previous week.

Lost some good lures but in general, always had fun.

Moved on to the harder to get to lakes off Sunset on the Douglas Ranch. The more time it takes to get in, the bigger the fish.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Up there late in July and going again mid August .. Bear Main is ok ish with the usual wash boarding on the up and down hill hair pins . Litlle rough around Lambly ( Bear) lake and not all that bad after that .. UNTIL you get to Jackpine..Unfortunately , it didn't get any better over the last few years ..While that route hasn't seen any noticeable maintenance , it still isn't really bad and we've seen cars doing it every time we've been up over the last 3 years ...

The Glenrosa side is worse .. A LOT worse . I doubt it's seen a grader in 10 years but you can't still get there easily enough , but NOT very fast at all . The road in from the main is rough and you have to slow down to a crawl to avoid rupturing your spleen or peeing yourself , but that's ok ..

It seems to have reduced the pressure on the rec site and the fishing in the lake itself ..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Was up there with my WIFE last weekend . Jackpine main off Glenrosa has improved a lot and I was told by the caretaker at the resort it saw a grader or two recently .

Anyway , the fishing sucked ( I'm lying) the weather was awful ( another lie ) and the people at the resort are Richards ( half lie there ) ..

Going again on the Sept. long for another 3 or 4 BIG ,high mountain rainbows ! Came home with 3 out of the 11 we caught over the weekend . Nothing under 12 inches and the biggest being 20 inches !!!!!
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”