TV Ratings: NBA Finals Opens With Record Low Audience

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

People watch sports to get away from stress, to relax and other reasons.
Bring identity politics into sport and pay the price....

The NBA Finals posted record-low TV ratings on Wednesday, consistent with steep declines throughout the postseason and with other sports whose seasons were delayed by the coronavirus pandemic. Fox's The Masked Singer, meanwhile, grew in its second week in a positive sign for the broadcast networks.

The opening game of the series between the Los Angeles Lakers and Miami Heat brought 7.41 million viewers to ABC, the smallest audience for the finals since at least 1994, when total viewers began to be regularly recorded. The previous low was 8.06 million for Game 3 of the 2007 NBA Finals.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... pt-30-2020
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Re: TV Ratings: NBA Finals Opens With Record Low Audience

Post by LANDM »

I think there are many factors outside of what you claim. Chief among them is many young fans streaming outside of the monitored viewership......have you noticed the consistent and constant ads during the nba games against pirated streaming?
You and 71 others Like this post
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I’ve never been a fan of basketball, if Toronto is playing I will watch last half of 4th quarter.

I stop watching baseball when Montreal got screwed over by the league.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

LANDM wrote:I think there are many factors outside of what you claim. Chief among them is many young fans streaming outside of the monitored viewership......have you noticed the consistent and constant ads during the nba games against pirated streaming?

Your sources... for your claims.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

A bunch of overpaid tall guys who can jump.....Meh
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

averagejoe wrote:
LANDM wrote:I think there are many factors outside of what you claim. Chief among them is many young fans streaming outside of the monitored viewership......have you noticed the consistent and constant ads during the nba games against pirated streaming?

Your sources... for your claims.

What is the source for your claim that it has to do with the social and racial commentary this year.

I clearly said what I *think* based on watching every game and seeing a non-stop parade of anti-pirate-streaming ads all the way through from the first games of the quarterfinals to now.
If it wasn’t chewing into their margins big time, they would not be running those.
I also have no idea if online watching is counted in your stats. Do you know?
You and 71 others Like this post

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”