Walking trails in West Kelowna?

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Walking trails in West Kelowna?

Post by binky11 »

I am on the hunt for easy walking trails in West Kelowna. Not too far off the beaten track. Am looking for myself and my mom who is in her 80’s but pretty fit. However stairs or steep hills would be too much for her. We are looking for nice easy flat walking trails. With easy access. I remember years ago accessing one from Glenrosa when we were geo caching but for the life of me, I can’t remember how we got to it. Prefer trails over walking on cement. Can anyone suggest places for two old folks? Lol.
Even Steven
Guru

Re: Walking trails in West Kelowna?

Post by Even Steven »

Right around gelattly rd. and the cove resort there's a path next to the lake. Paved, nice scenery.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Shannon lake is nice. There's a wide walking trail that goes around half of the lake. It starts at the parking lot off shannon lake road near alexandria way.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Oh of course yes. Perfect terrain for us too, and not on cement. Thank you.
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

Park at the end of Rosewood Dr and walk up the gravel road towards the reservoir. Although to make it up to the reservoir, there is a hill that is quite steep. About 1.5/2 km to the reservoir. Or, drive around to the far end, park near the end of Rose Valley Rd and hike in. Relatively flat with a few low slopes to contend with.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Thanks for these suggestions. Does anyone live in Glenrosa or maybe knows of a hiking trail up there? It was one of my favourites but so many years ago, for the life of me I just can’t remember where it is or how to get there, and I am sure there is more than one in Glenrosa, thinking back to my geo caching days, we found so many on trails up there. I prefer to walk in the woods, rather than concrete sidewalks.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

This might help you find the trail(s) you're looking for.

Best trails in West Kelowna, British Columbia
https://www.alltrails.com/canada/britis ... st-kelowna
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Ahhh, thank you for this! Might have been powers creek. Will look at this site very carefully. Very helpful, thanks!
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

Glenrosa: Flume Trail? About 2 km. of relative flat trail along the old irrigation flume. Google it or look up RDCO IParks think.
Last edited by occasional thoughts on Apr 27th, 2021, 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

If you are up for a short drive as well, Hardy Falls in Peachland is always nice but short too.
kelbear25
Fledgling

Post by kelbear25 »

Gellatly Nut farm would be lovely! Stroll through the nut trees and around the park.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”