Up grading my Ebike.

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Up grading my Ebike.

Post by I Think »

Have an Ebike which I really like, but it needs more hill climbing ability, does anyone know someone who knows ebikes inside and out who can improve the power, up to and including new motor and electrics?
Best if that person/company is between Vernon, Osoyoos and Christina lake.
Thanks in advance.
We're lost but we're making good time.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Up grading my Ebike.

Post by Bsuds »

Maybe check with the manufacturer to see if it can be done.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Thanks Sudsie,
Did that, they claim to be too busy, it is an old Zoom, and the physical size of the motor is quite a bit larger than the current 200 watt motors. I want fatter tires and more Horsie Power but not more speed.
We're lost but we're making good time.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

Am seriously wanting an E-bike but hearing rumors that certain B.C. Parks will not allow the kind that have "throttles"...or if so, you must disable then while riding in these parks. I don't fully understand class 1, 2 or 3 bikes and what is and what is not permitted. Nor, do I understand WHY a throttle would not be allowed. If it has something to do with speed (going too fast), heck, I have seen standard non-electric racing bikes flying down the trails (these folks are in shape) so that theory doesn't hold water. Any thoughts, anyone?
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

I upped my rad power bike up to 40 k.
To Damm fast.
I have a handlebar throttle but do not use it much, just starting from a stop.
I use the pedals to get some exercise.
Why would there be a ban?
Not like it spins the tires.
On my bike to kill the throttle you just disconnect 1 cable.
spooker

Post by spooker »

pentona wrote: Oct 18th, 2021, 7:31 pm Am seriously wanting an E-bike but hearing rumors that certain B.C. Parks will not allow the kind that have "throttles"...or if so, you must disable then while riding in these parks. I don't fully understand class 1, 2 or 3 bikes and what is and what is not permitted. Nor, do I understand WHY a throttle would not be allowed. If it has something to do with speed (going too fast), heck, I have seen standard non-electric racing bikes flying down the trails (these folks are in shape) so that theory doesn't hold water. Any thoughts, anyone?
With a throttle you don't have as much control over the torque being exerted by the bike's rear wheel ... sort of how trails get chewed up by motorized ATV and motorbikes, they lay into the throttle and the back wheel just rips out the soil ... pedal-assist doesn't kick in until the rider starts pedalling and gets to a certain rotation speed (or pressure exerted on the pedals for the good systems)

And no, "flying down" the trails you have gravity on your side so your not going to be doing the same type of damage as from climbing ...

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”