FIFA World Cup Men’s

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: FIFA World Cup Men’s

Post by GordonH »

It came extremely close for huge embarrassing moment early in the game for young Moroccan (Canadian roots) goalkeeper.

Huge jump for African team to end up 4th out 31 of best teams worldwide, oh yes the host team.

In 4 years I believe it will be 48 teams instead (I could be wrong) of 32 this year.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

GordonH wrote: Dec 17th, 2022, 11:29 am In 4 years I believe it will be 48 teams instead (I could be wrong) of 32 this year.
That's quite a leap in teams. perhaps baby steps and have another group, 36 teams total ? But then again the corrupt FIFA I suspect will find a way to wrangle more money to line their pockets.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

seewood wrote: Dec 17th, 2022, 11:38 am
GordonH wrote: Dec 17th, 2022, 11:29 am In 4 years I believe it will be 48 teams instead (I could be wrong) of 32 this year.
That's quite a leap in teams. perhaps baby steps and have another group, 36 teams total ? But then again the corrupt FIFA I suspect will find a way to wrangle more money to line their pockets.
I enjoy watching the beautiful game... when I see fifa all I see is corrupt slime. Same goes for Olympics the athletes big yes, ioc big slime pit.

You are correct it huge jump from 32 to 48, I can’t imagine what the Round 2 (Elimination Round) is going to look like.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Tomorrow is the biggie and I have all digits crossed for France!!! GO Mbappe and all your teammates!!
Chill
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

flamingfingers wrote: Dec 17th, 2022, 5:07 pm Tomorrow is the biggie and I have all digits crossed for France!!! GO Mbappe and all your teammates!!
Okay, no bets. I will go for Argentina and Messi going out with a win. Highly doubtful he will be back in 4 years.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

flamingfingers wrote: Dec 17th, 2022, 5:07 pm Tomorrow is the biggie and I have all digits crossed for France!!! GO Mbappe and all your teammates!!
If the report is true, doesn't look good for France.
DOHA, Qatar — A virus that hit France’s national team ahead of the 2022 World Cup semifinals earlier this week has now reportedly spread to at least five players ahead of Sunday’s final.

Two starters, midfielder Adrien Rabiot and defender Dayot Upamecano, missed the semifinal while recovering from the illness. Head coach Didier Deschamps said he was optimistic that both would return on Sunday, but defenders Raphael Varane and Ibrahima Konate have now reportedly come down with flu-like symptoms two days before the match against Argentina.
https://ca.yahoo.com/sports/news/world- ... 32908.html
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Here's a nice story about Messi and his wife.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... brand.html
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Not a bad payday for reaching the finals.
DOHA, Qatar (AP) — The World Cup champions will earn $42 million in prize money for their soccer federation.

The losing team in Sunday's final between France and Argentina will get $30 million from a FIFA prize fund of $440 million.
https://ca.yahoo.com/news/world-cup-cha ... 55660.html
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

France has some catching up to do.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote: Dec 18th, 2022, 7:39 am France has some catching up to do.
Argentina foolishly took a penalty and France has a glimmer of hope.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

GordonH wrote: Dec 18th, 2022, 7:39 am France has some catching up to do.
Done deal. And with many starters sick.
Argentina, you have played a great game, what happened.
10 + minutes left. 2-2
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Agentina's game to loose now. France is playing with conviction, finally for them.
shoot-out?
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Man, can Messi ever smack that ball
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

can this be Messi's crowning achievement?

mr right place at the right time....
now, Argentina, don't do anything stupid...
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Well no sooner said than done..
pk with 3 min left. 3-3 now.

Argentina is doing every thing to loose.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”