Really Dumb Boat Owner!

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Really Dumb Boat Owner!

Post by Bsuds »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... tches-fire

So this idiot wakes up and his boat is running. He can't get it to shut off so goes back to sleep.

The least he should have done is lower it into the water to keep it cool.

The only thing I can think of is he was under the influence of Booze or Drugs to be that stupid.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
alanjh595
Banned

Re: Really Dumb Boat Owner!

Post by alanjh595 »

From the link above:
The Formula 400 Super Sport was out of the water on a lift at the time,
Capture 1.jpg
WHY was the engine even started in the 1st place?????
Bring back the LIKE button.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I personally haven’t been around boats in many years, I do remember back in the day there being manual fuel shutoff value.
I guess that is no longer used, if it still is turn that off motor stops when fuel line is empty.

You are very correct Bsuds, having the boat in water would have kept the engine cooling system from overheating & burning up.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

A definite Darwin award contest entrant.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

A definite Darwin award contest entrant if he had succumbed. Glad he didn't though, but close.

Maybe honorable mention??
I am not wealthy but I am rich
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Wonder if this "high roller" has been affected money-wise in our so-called recession.........and now is not a "high-roller". I wonder if he polished his story to the insurance company. The "toys" are the first thing people liquidate when money is getting tight and usually at discounted prices..........insurance will pay more.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Obviously wealthy.

My experience with most wealthy people is that they've always owned new equipment and they've always paid someone else to do any mechanical work when required. They often have almost no mechanical knowledge.

In other words - I think it's possible that this owner wasn't aware that running a boat engine while the boat is out of water will ruin an engine (and potentially start a fire).

Could also be a case of "having enough money to not give a crap"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

lesliepaul wrote: Sep 7th, 2022, 11:46 pm Wonder if this "high roller" has been affected money-wise in our so-called recession.........and now is not a "high-roller". I wonder if he polished his story to the insurance company. The "toys" are the first thing people liquidate when money is getting tight and usually at discounted prices..........insurance will pay more.
:up: :up:
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”