Awesome skiing

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
seewood
Guru

Awesome skiing

Post by seewood »

back downhilling after a 4-5 year hiatus. Amazing conditions right now. Soft pack and at Apex you can see where you are going.

I should try Revelstoke before long, 5800 feet of vertical.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
seewood
Guru

Re: Awesome skiing

Post by seewood »

Just came down from Chute Lake. For the ones that enjoy exercising an internal combustion engine, evidently the road from Belview FSR to Chute Lake is passable ( packed) in a 4x4 truck.
otherwise, not bad x-country skiing. Dogs loved it.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

seewood wrote: Mar 1st, 2023, 3:10 pm back downhilling after a 4-5 year hiatus. Amazing conditions right now. Soft pack and at Apex you can see where you are going.

The whole Kootenay tour is worth it - Revelstoke, Whitewater, Red etc.... at least the West Kootenay tour

Eventually Zincton will be added to that list - can't wait
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

gman313 wrote: Mar 8th, 2023, 9:57 am
seewood wrote: Mar 1st, 2023, 3:10 pm back downhilling after a 4-5 year hiatus. Amazing conditions right now. Soft pack and at Apex you can see where you are going.

The whole Kootenay tour is worth it - Revelstoke, Whitewater, Red etc.... at least the West Kootenay tour

Eventually Zincton will be added to that list - can't wait

Used to head out at 5am drive to red, ski, up to nelson for the night, whitewater ski next day and then drive back to kelowna. Perfect weekend of fun. Legs were destroyed after 2 days on those 2 hills skiing on 203cm Atomic Arc's :130:
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Apex has been pretty decent for not having snow to the extent they had last year. Saying that, I've managed to go through half a p-tex candle so far. Lots of pebbles dug up from the tiller when going over a crest. With my hearing aids in, I can hear the ziiiiippp as I go over yet another pebble.
Last tues was pretty soft but now waiting for some fresh.
Regardless, enjoying the top to bottom and leg burn.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”