Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
lightspeed
Guru

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by lightspeed »

spooker wrote:
damama55 wrote:Distracted driving penalties increase under new Ontario law ...
http://www.cbc.ca/.../distracted-drivin ... -1.3096785
Distracted driving remains a killer on Ontario roads: OPP; Distracted driving laws across ... cyclist will increase to the same amounts as for distracted driving, ...
Ontario is upping the fines for distracted driving. Major, MAJOR fines will be imposed. I think that is what will have to happen throughout the other provinces. Distracted driving includes having an animal on your lap while driving. CRAZY how many times I see it here in Lake Country.
Also, speeders going through school zones is ridiculous. The last few days I have seen lots of people going by GES here as if it is still Summer. SLOW DOWN, FOLKS, OR GET A HEFTY FINE, OR YOU JUST MAY END UP HITTING ONE OF THE YOUNG PEOPLE AROUND THERE. Way worse than a fine.

I loved this article out of Ontario: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-careless-driving-1.4298290 ... upping the penalty from $500 to $50,000 ... maybe people will actually think about what they do behind the wheel ...

p.s. the link posted to the article about stiffer penalties for distracted driving is broken ...

Bring it on!
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Thanks. I will remove it from post. The one Spooker posted works fine. Thanks for letting me know. :)
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&u ... tO7GUuoVXw

This is GOOD news. Hopefully, the government will implement stricter and heavier fines when it come to distracted driving. Seems it will be the only way to stop folks from texting, talking or doing other things to be distracted while driving.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Hire traffic enforcement officers and they will more than cover their cost with fines issued.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I've been saying that for some time Bsuds. Special dedicated detachments that pay for themselves and they will. Get out, enforce the laws and nail people hard. Either the message will get though or we will have really good law enforcement on our highways paid for by the bad drivers. Lives are a lot more important than peoples right to drive and break laws.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Dirty scruffy old guy driving an old piece of crap junker rusty sedan with "Area 27" on the back window.

Grow up. Bawling and shouting at other road users is not your place in the hierarchy of road users.

Making false accusations that another road user ran a red light is just off the wall ignorant and dumb. Hollering at people as they're going about their lawful business is also stupid. Offering to take them on at the side of the highway is also pretty immature. Getting enraged and telling other drivers you're "a professional driver" is embarrassing. If you were a professional, you wouldn't get so angry, and you'd focus on your driving instead of causing a scene. Road rage is not very becoming.

As for your "Class 4 licence", that's the bottom of the barrel for scum suckers. They pretty much give a Class 4 away on the back of a cereal packet. Any monkey can get one.

An idiot. Also a blind, ignorant, rude, belligerent scruffy idiot.

Someone in town knows this clown. Maybe have a quiet word with him.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

I saw that guy today on Lawrence.

I've seen people just 'lose it' when someone legally turns left from Richter onto Lawrence on the red. I'd say 90% of drivers don't know.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

damama55 wrote:https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&url=http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-eyes-stricter-distracted-driving-penalties-as-collisions-surge-1.4304860&ct=ga&cd=CAEYAyoTNjA0OTgyODYzNjE3ODg1MDYwOTIZZGJhMjk4MmEwMzRkMDY3OTpjYTplbjpDQQ&usg=AFQjCNH5hs7RvnmWK4RmEOPXtO7GUuoVXw

This is GOOD news. Hopefully, the government will implement stricter and heavier fines when it come to distracted driving. Seems it will be the only way to stop folks from texting, talking or doing other things to be distracted while driving.

People just don't get it though. Every single day without fail i see multiple drivers on their phone, either tapping at the keys or clamped to their ear. There seems to be this myth that you are ok as long as you are in traffic and either stopped or moving slowly. So many women, some with kids in the car just blatantly using the phone.
This mornings i guess was originally from Alberta as she had a BC licence plate on rear but nothing on the front! Wake up lady its illegal to use your phone and you must display both plates in BC. So there was probably no fixing bracket but hey its your responsibility to get it done.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

I saw a big truck, not a cube van, but like a moving van, going through LC the other day with NO licence plate on it, front or back. I thought I was seeing things!! It was a big truck, heading towards Vernon. Wonder if he got caught. I was driving so couldn't even call RCMP to report it.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

To the Idiot, teaching their very young chargee to be an Idiot, while yet another Idiot actually stopped for you as you were crossing a busy Highway, through traffic in the stead of walking a freakn' half block to a proper
crossing point !

Yer All Idiots (the 6-7 yr old too !)
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Today my target is whoever has been %^{*%< ing with the traffic light timings on the westside and into town. I swear they just like to mess with us.

Sneeholes, you're all idiots. Period.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

Must be the same idiot who set up the timing for the lights on Spall/Glenmore.
Ridiculous.
spooker

Post by spooker »

If you want to see some fun lights go to Ethel and Harvey during the afternoon rush hour and watch as only 4 cars can make the left in time before the light cycles again and drivers have to wait another 2 minutes ... it's surprising that so many people still take a left off Richter to try and scoot onto Northbound Harvey through that light ...

If they're lucky their will be a pedestrian trying to cross who will hit the button and 10-12 can make it through ...
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ this is why I stay off roads in that area during that craziness.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

SMH at the idiot in the white Mercedes SUV headed into Kamloops today.

If drivers in the inside lane are slowing down and drivers in the outside lane have merged into the inside lane as well, take a sec to consider "hey, maybe something is going on up there that I should be aware of" instead of "I'm going to whip into the outside lane and blow past all of these rude drivers".

Because maybe, just maybe, a marked police vehicle with all its lights flashing as a vehicle pulled over and is conducting a traffic stop.

The law is "slow down and pull over" not "pull around and speed the f*** up" you bloody moron.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”