Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

To the guy in the red truck with the gigantic lift kit. You are a tailgating rage monster who should not be allowed to enter a vehicle. Ever. I am not sorry for not going a billion over the speed limit, in an industrial area with lots of blind corners.

Holy :cuss:.
I am... the law!
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Took a couple of drives up and down Union Rd. later today and the area with the ice has been marked BY THE CITY with two signs, one in each direction telling drivers......'ROAD ICY"..........this amount of effort makes me speechless. I will add that this section of Union Rd. has had water permeating from the road surface for at least 7 years. This section was dug up several years ago and whatever repair was made never succeeded and with that we get the conditions that are happening today. A couple of hundred pounds of Alaskan Ice Melt would go a long way but probably not in the Kelowna budget.
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

Yesterday afternoon, heading down KLO towards the college brought an odd situation. Going the opposite way, there was a truck and an SUV in different lanes who both came to a screatching halt. Some pedestrians had approached a crosswalk, and if I can properly interpret what happened, one of the drivers layed on the horn in anger. Were you annoyed because pedestrians wanted to cross the road? No one was behind either of you, so I know one of you was being stupid.

:135:
I am... the law!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

To the vehicle this morning that flew threw the intersection at Leon & Richter heading west.
You are a huge idiot, because the west side of Richter on Leon is a one way..... it's not the direction you were going. For that you need to be using Lawrence.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

On the flip side I think it's really, really stupid to have a 2 way street end at a 1 way street! Whodathunk someone might goof and go the wrong way?
Last edited by Bsuds on Feb 15th, 2018, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bsuds wrote:On the flip side I think it's really, really stupid to have a 2 wat street end at a 1 way street! Whodathunk someone might goof and go the wrong way?

Well I guess either driver needs glasses or city needs a bigger sign then one right next to traffic light. lol
https://www.google.ca/maps/@49.8844753, ... 312!8i6656
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Thank god we were both proceeding from a stop.

I’m on the highway in a left-turn lane (facing west bound). Buddy is coming off a side road at a stop sign wanting to turn left (aka west bound).

Traffic is pretty heavy, but finally there’s a break in oncoming traffic. So I proceed to make my left-turn...%@*#%+@! decides because he’s been waiting longer, that he gets to turn first. Inches, absolute inches from crunching in my driver’s side quarter panel. Would have smoked me right in my door if I hadn’t braked. Blasted the horn, but neither the driver nor his passenger (wife??) acknowledge this nonsense.

Not only this but *I* was the one that had to backup into my turn lane so buddy could be on his merry way.

Idiot.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

^^^^^ Since I was waiting for 5-6 minutes already waiting for a gap
enough to go, darn right I'm going first, you can wait for the next gap. :smt045

No, it wasn't me, just used "I" for effect. :D
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Where do I even start with this?

There are two idiots in this story. The guy driving with a snow covered vehicle and the one reporting him.

“I pulled up behind him and just started laughing” So this starts off being hilarious to you.

“We were doing 80 kph down the highway, I had to keep my distance.” You followed him from the McDonald’s in Rutland to downtown and you were keeping up to him doing 80 kph? You do know the highest posted speed is 60 kph, right? Shouldn’t have been hard to keep your distance.

“I was scared” Wait, I thought this was hilarious?

The guy with the back end of his car covered in snow may have just drove into town from a long trip and had no idea his car was covered in snow. Why not pull up beside him at a light, motion for him to roll down his window and let him know his lights are covered. I do this ALL the time. “Hey buddy, your trailer lights aren’t working.”

And Castanet has to stop giving voice to these morons.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-219219-1-.htm#219219
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

ya its pretty obvious the guy just drove into town and that's not the result of not clearing snow off of your vehicle i wonder who took the pictures since he was driving
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

LTD wrote: i wonder who took the pictures since he was driving

Looks like it could be dashcam footage.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

i don't see any footage just a pic my dash cam displays the date and time as well you might be right tho theres many different models
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

TreeGuy wrote:The guy with the back end of his car covered in snow may have just drove into town from a long trip and had no idea his car was covered in snow. Why not pull up beside him at a light, motion for him to roll down his window and let him know his lights are covered. I do this ALL the time. “Hey buddy, your trailer lights aren’t working.”

And Castanet has to stop giving voice to these morons.

Totally agree. Looks like many, many kms of winter driving accumulated on the back, not fresh snow that wasn’t cleared off. Very likely they came off Hwy 33 given the direction of travel from Rutland.

The idiots I’m more concern with are the ones with their entire roofs covered in 8” of snow. Nothing like creating a secondary blizzard once you’re up to highway speed (or a nice sized chunk that lets loose and dances through the air before colliding with your windshield).
rush

Snow obstructed vehicle

Post by rush »

I see the vehicle Castanet used to show the unsafe operation with a snow obstructed vehicle. Now I am the first one to single out unsafe vehicles,but in this case this car was not parked overnight and the owner decided not to clear the snow off the back.This vehicle clearly just came over the Connector or from Big white as the snow on the back of the vehicle is caked on and that is the result of driving for a few hours in heavy snow. The back windows were clear,rear defrost cleared the snow,and wipers. Now it is certainly possible that the vehicle in question had the trip a few days ago,but we dont know.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dQIOAKmi9g If the driver turns him/herself in we can get to the bottom of this.
sorry,i guess i came in late to the conversation.
kelbear25
Fledgling

Post by kelbear25 »

We may have followed this (or a similar vehicle) down from Big White yesterday. Snow was blowing all over big white road and was hard to see this vehicle in front of us with no tail lights and back end covered in snow made it camouflage with its surroundings.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”