Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
lightspeed
Guru

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by lightspeed »

If you're driving one of those fancy new e-taxis it'd be comforting to know that you're not driving along animatedly babbling and taking both of your hands off the wheel.

Nice car, but idiot driver.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Turning onto highway from Horizon this morning heading to Kelowna, woman behind yakking on phone which she is holding at arms length, its almost like she felt that was ok, when in fact it looked stupid and was probably more dangerous. Lights change i turn onto inside lane remember there is an on merge lane from boucherie to the right. She turn really wide, so much so she is half way into the other merge lane before correcting herself. I indicate to pull right she swerves into left lane and as she passes me wanders into my lane. I blow on the horn and gesticulate she should get off her phone, jeez she is so engrossed she doesn't even notice the horn or me!!!!
Turn off at Pandosy and im now behind another woman in another SUV also yakking on her phone with arm outstretched.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Probably Face Timing--showing off their new do or getting ready to show what happens when you do distracted driving???? Stupid, stupid--S T U P I D !!! The new do or makeup job won't do them much good lying in a coffin!!!!
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

damama55 wrote:Probably Face Timing--showing off their new do or getting ready to show what happens when you do distracted driving???? Stupid, stupid--S T U P I D !!! The new do or makeup job won't do them much good lying in a coffin!!!!

But they will look "oh so Kelowna beautiful"........until maggot food.
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

Beware: long weekend idiots out and about already.

Heading into Vernon late this afternoon when out of nowhere you, in your big truck pulling a massive travel trailer, decide to make a left hand turn across highway to get into campground. You not only cut me and the car next to me off, but then you came to almost a complete stop, blocking both lanes of the highway, as you try to figure out where to go before crossing the train tracks. You are lucky you didn't kill anyone with that amazingly stupid move. I was paying attention, driving the speed limit in the right hand lane, and was barely able to slam on my brakes and veer onto the shoulder to avoid hitting your trailer. Had I been distracted or towing a heavy load, there's no way I could have stopped in time. The guy in the car next to me narrowly missed smashing into you too.

You had your grand-children and wife in the truck with you. You're an absolute idiot for driving that way and putting their lives and everyone else's at risk like that.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

I had pickup dudes bro force his way into my lane last night. Nice of you to give me the finger. Couldn't wait for the gap behind to just merge into. Had to accelerate and act all tough guy.

His lane was ending so I guess sheer desperation and panic in the midst of his stupidity at not looking further down the road forced his hand. I chuckled as his left turn signal stayed on all the way for a few intersections as he caused more havoc.

Golden rule for *bleep* drivers: if you're in the wrong, just give them the finger.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

To the Hyundai driver from Vernon who was driving up Benvoulin flicking his cigarette ashes out his window...you are an idiot!!!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Bsuds wrote:To the Hyundai driver from Vernon who was driving up Benvoulin flicking his cigarette ashes out his window...you are an idiot!!!

I would comment if it was a BUTT.........ash is out before it hits the ground.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Chances are that the butt will follow, but did not see him do that.

Either way it is not a good practice.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bsuds wrote:To the Hyundai driver from Vernon who was driving up Benvoulin flicking his cigarette ashes out his window...you are an idiot!!!

lesliepaul wrote:I would comment if it was a BUTT.........ash is out before it hits the ground.

Since this person does not want ashes in the vehicle, it's not stretch to suspect the butt will be going in that same direction.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

GordonH wrote:Since this person does not want ashes in the vehicle, it's not stretch to suspect the butt will be going in that same direction.

Read the title of this thread to see what I think of such an asinine assumption.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Since this person does not want ashes in the vehicle, it's not stretch to suspect the butt will be going in that same direction.

Rider59 wrote:Read the title of this thread to see what I think of such an asinine assumption.

Since I see one hell of lot butts on side of road wherever I go for a walk, tells me there are lot of the title of this thread driving around.
If you f :cuss: smoke keep it within your vehicle, for those dumb :cuss: es out there that means get a damn ashtray.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

lightspeed wrote:I had pickup dudes bro force his way into my lane last night. Nice of you to give me the finger. Couldn't wait for the gap behind to just merge into. Had to accelerate and act all tough guy.

His lane was ending so I guess sheer desperation and panic in the midst of his stupidity at not looking further down the road forced his hand.

So if you saw his lane was ending, why not slow down and make a gap for him?

You describe the attitude I see every day on the roads here in Kelowna - "This is my space and if you want in, go behind me!".

Just drove back from Seattle this past weekend, and you know what drivers do there if you turn on your signal? They make a space for you. Little respect and courtesy and you may find your drive becomes a little less of a headache.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Steve-O wrote:
Just drove back from Seattle this past weekend, and you know what drivers do there if you turn on your signal? They make a space for you.

They will do that but they also will cut you off to get into the tiny space in front of you which is not smart when you are pulling a large 5th wheel as it doesn't leave much room for you to stop.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

You know, I was thinking about the comment made about flicking ashes out a window. It may not be a big deal to some people, but, we all know how easy it is to accidentally drop something. The same goes for a butt. A person is NOT going to be able to stop in the middle of traffic to pick it up. Sooo, use a container with some water, put your ashes in it, and, if you accidentally do drop your cig butt, it will be in your vehicle, not outside where it could cause a fire and devastation. Simple solution.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”