Kudos to Good Drivers :)

Home of the traffic rant.
damama55
Übergod

Kudos to Good Drivers :)

Post by damama55 »

Maybe it is time to tell good drivers they are doing a good job.
Yesterday, I was at the bus stop on Ziprick and I saw a green truck making a right on to Terai. There was a young boy on a bike coming along just behind the truck. The truck stopped, holding up traffic a bit, and then I saw the young boy turn on to Terai, too. I was very impressed that the driver waited to see where the young boy was going before turning. He probably saved the young fellow's life, by waiting that extra few seconds. One thing, though, I believe the young fellow wasn't wearing a helmet. That is a definite NO NO.
Kudos to the driver that probably saved a life, or at least, serious injury.
Last edited by damama55 on Aug 8th, 2017, 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
damama55
Übergod

Re: Kudos to Good Drivers :)

Post by damama55 »

By the way, saw two motorcyclists today, from AB, Blue Knights, going along highway 97 into Kelowna. Driving very nicely, not super loud and very respectful of traffic and the laws. Thank you very much and enjoy your visit to the Okanagan. :) Stay safe and watch out for some crazy drivers.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

This morning, had to call the RCMP, to get them to talk to Fortis or whoever was doing work at the corner of Berry and 97, heading towards Vernon. They had NO signage up that there were at least a half dozen vehicles working along there. Almost caused numerous accidents. Come on guys, you should know better. Give drivers notice when you have almost a whole lane blocked off. CRAZY ! !
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

The other day I filled the car with gas, got back in my car and headed off to the highway. A guy grabs my attention while stopped at a red light--"Your gas cover is open--your gas cap is on the trunk." I put the car in park, jumped out and put the cap back on. Like I said to him-"I never forget that, but....I did." Thanked the man in the truck and jumped back in my car before the light turned green.
Thanks, again, to the nice man that told me. Now I will check to make sure the cap is back where it belongs. :)
spooker

Post by spooker »

With all the travellers yesterday I noticed a good amount of people on main roads who were backed up letting in alternating cars from backed up sidestreets ... we were all trying to get home yesterday, good job!
spooker

Post by spooker »

To the lady in the yellow Jeep heading north on Richter turning left at Harvey ... thank you for being aware of the cyclists in the bike lane ... I saw your turn signal and was hanging back since you were there first ... and I saw you wait for the cyclist ahead even though I noticed a little hiccup in your speed control trying to decide if you had enough time to overtake ... we all got stopped when the light turned red again but you didn't encroach on the bike lane as you made your right turn ...
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

To the guy towing a trailer on Weddell Road last night sometime between 7-8pm THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Your light flash most definitely saved me from smoking the 3 deer. You are awesome. The guy ahead of you had such bright lights I couldn't see a thing.

:130:
spooker

Post by spooker »

To the person in the red Camaro on Sutherland today ... I noticed you noticing me and not opening your door fully, thank you ... a whack with the door would probably have had me under the wheels of the guy exiting Independent on the other side of the street ...
spooker

Post by spooker »

Many thumbs-up to a couple of drivers that gave me plenty of room as I needed to take the lane for some short sections of Sutherland today ... since the new bike lane is still closed between Ethel and Richter I needed to take the lane so I could turn right on Richter ... then coming back the other way I need to make a right into the daycare parking lot and had to wait for a couple of pedestrians before making the maneuver ... barely knew the vehicle was behind me ... didn't feel crowded at all
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

damama55 wrote:By the way, saw two motorcyclists today, from AB, Blue Knights, going along highway 97 into Kelowna. Driving very nicely, not super loud and very respectful of traffic and the laws. Thank you very much and enjoy your visit to the Okanagan. :) Stay safe and watch out for some crazy drivers.

Kudos to you for the idea of this topic.

Makes sense, the Blue Knights is a motorcycle club for law enforcement members, serving and retired.

https://www.blueknights.org/
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
spooker

Post by spooker »

I was walking across a crosswalk in front of Quesada today and out of the blue a driver honked at me who was trying to turn into the parking lot ...

Needless to say I was a bit on the perturbed side ... groused a bit about it with another pedestrian who saw it from the sidewalk ... saw the driver stop in front of Quesada but then drive off before I could head back to chat about it ...

Before getting too far away I saw the driver walking back towards me ... so I approached

She apologized for honking at me and explained that she got scared when she saw a red truck behind her that looked like it was going to rear-end her and then would have then hit me ...

All was good in the end ... my ire was gone ... communication is good ...
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Thank you to all the drivers out there cutting a good amount of slack to
all the newly minted "L" drivers.

It does not go un-noticed.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
spooker

Post by spooker »

good_pickups.jpg

Had slowed down to let these trucks turn right but got the signal from the driver in the blue truck that he was going to wait for me ... rush hour traffic is always squirrelly so I thank drivers for taking a little extra care and see what's around them
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I got nuthin.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
spooker

Post by spooker »

mexi cali wrote:I got nuthin.

I've been working hard to find the good things that happen, wife got tired of hearing me complain ... it's too easy to see the things that tick us off ... but it brightens the spirit to notice the good things that people do ... you're not such a lost curmudgeon mexi cali that you can't find something I bet :D

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”