Truck dangles in crash

Home of the traffic rant.
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Re: Truck dangles in crash

Post by Noisy Boater »

You can all rest at ease as I will be out there tomorrow nite keeping the highways safe for the motoring public. You can all go at least 120 in the 100 zone. Just like summer. !!! [icon_lol2.gif]
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Hopefully the driver learned valuable lesson today.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
spooker

Post by spooker »

GordonH wrote:Hopefully the driver learned valuable lesson today.

And just maybe we can learn something from his lesson ...
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

spooker wrote:
And just maybe we can learn something from his lesson ...

That would be nice, however in my opinion only Smart People learn from other peoples mistakes, and I doubt that any smart person would have made that mistake.
Fledgling

Post by 7600736 »

metallica wrote:
7600736 wrote:Just another pickup truck owner who thinks he's invicible/God because he drives a truck.
That is such a stupid and wasted comment, could be road conditions, maybe medical who knows?

Haven't lived in Kelowna for very long, have you?
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

w84u2 wrote:From the video, I can't tell if there are winter tires or that it is a 4X4. It doesn't look like a 4X4, tires are in good condition though.

Actually until Friday night, I suspected it was a 4X4, it appeared there was a front transfer case,,,, but whatever.

A friend who attended the accident scene as part of the emergency services, confirmed for me. Yes the truck was four wheel drive.

In the interior, after a snow storm, if you took a look in the "tow in bay" of any of the ICBC claim centres. You would see primarily 4X4 vehicles. A tow in bay is where the majority of the serverly damaged, mostly obvious total losses, are taken for estimation.

If you have a 4X4 locked in four wheel drive and you take off from a light in slippery conditions, the vehicle will have pretty good acceleration and will do little "fish tailing". If you either don't have a 4X4 or have a 4X4 locked in two wheel drive and do the same, the rear end (on a rear wheel vehicle) will slid out a bit, depending on the amount of acceleration you do.

The fishtailing alerts a driver as to how slippery the roads really are.

The driver of the vehicle in four wheel drive won't get that message until they try to make a bit of an abrupt breaking or turn. Surprize !!!
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

It looks like no driveshaft to the front, someone previously pointed that out.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”