Semis can't stop like your Little truck.

Home of the traffic rant.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Semis can't stop like your Little truck.

Post by dirtybiker »

Thank You Bsuds for posting that link.

Now, for the non-believers:

Bump it up a notch for Canada, take that 80,000 lb rig and make it 140.000lbs
Oh.
And double up the trailers too. 8 axles instead of 5, to 82 ft... and beyond for some configurations,
Might as well throw grade in their too, just for fun.

Don`t forget the heat. In the land of red lights...
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Sounds like one of you is talking theory..
And the other drives a big long rig...

And I know which one drives the rig.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

There's a lot of rubber on the road, slowed by a lot of brake friction.
Today's big trucks are a lot more capable than yesterday's.
Although I agree that playing chicken (read as stupid) with heavy equipment is not worth the risk, the risk is more about the driver of that rig not paying attention, or not fast enough on the draw more so than the capabilities of that truck to stop.
I'm always aware that other drivers on the road are more concern to me than my own capabilities or those of my vehicle.
I always assume they don't see me, are tired at the wheel or whatever distraction keeps them from paying attention or considering me sharing that road.

dsldriver
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by dsldriver »

I think the intention of the post was to show people what can happen when you duck in front of a truck, or even a bus.

Let's face it, the majority of Kelowna drivers are some of the most unintelligent, self centered egotistical meatbags to ever get beind the wheel. I am getting tired of people that cut right in front of me and my co workers on an daily basis. Thank god we now have cameras to prove this. At least with a truck, they can slam on the brakes hard. Bus drivers do that, people get hurt. And the cargo can sue. And yes, that is your tax dollars that will pay for the lawsuit.

I get a kick out of the attitude of people who do it to buses and trucks too. It's a "take that" attitude they have for some reason. Like they have won a game or something. That they have emerged the victorious gladiator in an epic battle of man, machine and a complete lack of common sense.

But really in a city that takes 30 min to drive from one end the other, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GOING IN SUCH A HURRY!!!??

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”