Commuter Hell

Home of the traffic rant.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: Commuter Hell

Post by kgcayenne »

The transit driver was doing the Sneena sneak. I just looked at the transit mapping, and it is not part of the bus route.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

kgcayenne wrote:The transit driver was doing the Sneena sneak. I just looked at the transit mapping, and it is not part of the bus route.

I don't use transit, so I noticed a transit bus using Sneena so I figured there was stops on that route.
So to local transit authority maybe tell your drivers not use that route, since it should be blocked off.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Okay, I get it, the City of WK met with the Province to discuss slowing down traffic through the city. It’s understandable to keep us from zipping along the highway at 7:15am at 100km/h, but really, do they need to screw with the lights so that we’re doing 30km/h in an 80km/h area? Really? It’s not just the 7:00-9:00am rush that is being messed-with, I was observing the highway from above this morning, and even at 6:15am, traffic is moving significantly slower between Hudson and the Bridge than I have ever before seen. Come onnnnnnn MoTI, get some balance.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

kgcayenne wrote:Okay, I get it, the City of WK met with the Province to discuss slowing down traffic through the city. It’s understandable to keep us from zipping along the highway at 7:15am at 100km/h, but really, do they need to screw with the lights so that we’re doing 30km/h in an 80km/h area? Really? It’s not just the 7:00-9:00am rush that is being messed-with, I was observing the highway from above this morning, and even at 6:15am, traffic is moving significantly slower between Hudson and the Bridge than I have ever before seen. Come onnnnnnn MoTI, get some balance.

I have almost given up trying to judge what is going to happen each day but one things for sure the highway is ALWAYS backed up to Boucherie and slow moving.
Today i sat in outside lane and when we got near the bridge it was apparent there were not too many sneeners this morning so in fact that would have been the quicker route. If i try it tomorrow i just know it will be backed up and slower so i won't. Once at Pandosy it was free and clear. I guess it could be worse, the right lane could become an HOV. :cuss:

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”