What's with all the morons parking in Handicap spots ?

Home of the traffic rant.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: What's with all the morons parking in Handicap spots ?

Post by GordonH »

Off topic here:
I've noticed the save-on-more in the mission now has reserved spots for online shoppers. As if they are going know who parks in those spots are or are not online shoppers.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

GordonH wrote:Off topic here:
I've noticed the save-on-more in the mission now has reserved spots for online shoppers. As if they are going know who parks in those spots are or are not online shoppers.

Since you are supposed to stay with the vehicle as they bring the goods to you, it is usually quite obvious if someone has stopped there and left their vehicle.

On the original topic. Selfishly, as a non-disabled person, I appreciate it when people with physical disabilities use the physical-disability parking spaces and walk, wheel, etc. from there into the shops, etc. Since they often need more space to get in and out of their vehicle, it reduces the chance that they will accidentally scratch my vehicle. Additionally, having a space near the entrance means that there is less or no need to drop such people off directly in front of the store, holding up traffic, etc. Of course, when such is needed, so be it. Entitled twits parking in these spaces ruin the system and screw it up for everyone else.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Verum wrote:Since you are supposed to stay with the vehicle as they bring the goods to you, it is usually quite obvious if someone has stopped there and left their vehicle.

So if parking lot is packed only spots available are those 2 online spots. I highly doubt the manager will call & have paying customer towed away.

As for the disabled spots only those with either disabled decal on the license plate or valid disabled sign hanging from rear view mirror should ever use those spots.
Any able bodied person using those spots should be ashamed of themselves.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

GordonH wrote:

Verum wrote:Since you are supposed to stay with the vehicle as they bring the goods to you, it is usually quite obvious if someone has stopped there and left their vehicle.

So if parking lot is packed only spots available are those 2 online spots. I highly doubt the manager will call & have paying customer towed away. Maybe not, though the same argument could be used for disability spaces and parent+child spaces too. Since 10 cars worth of online shopping could come and go while you are picking out your shopping, they may well look rather unkindly on thoughtless people parking in those spots.

As for the disabled spots only those with either disabled decal on the license plate or valid disabled sign hanging from rear view mirror should ever use those spots.
Any able bodied person using those spots should be ashamed of themselves.

Yes, disability spots require a decal or sign and I agree that if you use the spot you should have the appropriate indicator to say you are allowed to do so.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ those using online shopping should then use home delivery as well, no parking needed.... just a little more business at loading dock.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

GordonH wrote:^^^ those using online shopping should then use home delivery as well, no parking needed.... just a little more business at loading dock.

Why? They can use whatever mechanism they prefer and it's not really up to you to suggest how they should live their lives.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:those using online shopping should then use home delivery as well, no parking needed.... just a little more business at loading dock.

Verum wrote:Why? They can use whatever mechanism they prefer and it's not really up to you to suggest how they should live their lives.

I actual couldn't care less who parks in stalls not marked for disabled persons (those only disabled park in them). Plus I don't shop online for food items (prefer to choose fruit & vegetables and cuts of meat myself). Or shop at save-on-more, most likely 2nd most expensive grocery store in town next to urban fare.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”