Residential street Plow Operators

Home of the traffic rant.
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Residential street Plow Operators

Post by Jflem1983 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 3rd, 2018, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 3rd, 2018, 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
sparkymms

Post by sparkymms »

Had my first experience of a green plow op in DWK.Our road was Perfectly clear from an op that knew what he was doing,went out yesterday to see devastation and disapointment.The issue was corrected right away with a few calls, ops like that give snow removal companys a Bad name
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 3rd, 2018, 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

Fancy wrote: He did say to ask - did you?

Like I clearly stated, no lightweight side by side can move packed snow and ice that a 20 ton truck made by driving over it.
Only 2 ways to remove this mess, either with the plow with some weight and strength, or with a shovel breaking it up into smaller pieces.
Plows might work for moving fresh snow, but to try to move packed snow and ice that has frozen in place (for many days)is out of the question, *removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 3rd, 2018, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Stop it now.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

UltraViolet wrote:And, lastly, what makes you think I would ask someone who goes out of his way to make trouble for me?
Just because someone posts on here to make it appear that he is a special guy, actions speak louder than words.

Why would you expect him to do anything if you refuse to ask? You said
that's the extent of it, only to look good(like a hero) on here.
but you were requested to ask so you didn't yet complain he didn't. If you don't want the help it's gracious to say "thanks but no thanks" instead of insinuating anything else out of his control. The snow will melt soon enough and then it will be the sand that everyone will complain about.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

UltraViolet wrote:Oh, and driving up on the curb and onto the rock landscaping around the property only proves what kind of moron was operating!

Some folks I know mark the property to avoid having that happen. It's also a chance one takes when landscaping to the curb.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Im sure it was just an accident that it happened to your house. :D
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 3rd, 2018, 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Stop it now.
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

UltraViolet wrote:
Fancy wrote: He did say to ask - did you?

Like I clearly stated, no lightweight side by side can move packed snow and ice that a 20 ton truck made by driving

Np the offer is there. I managed to do my place and many others in the area that had that same "20 tun truck" leave snow. As stated before if you take smaller chunks and not the whole thing in one shot it's very easy.

Clearly you don't want help and I'm ok with that. But please don't tell me what my self or mechine can and can't do as clearly you have no clue. If you had asked you would see.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The City of Kelowna has blown through its 2017 snow-removal budget.

Each year, the city sets aside $1.7 million for snow removal. Transportation services manager Darryl Astofooroff says the cost for snow removal in 2017 sits at about $1.9 million.

Once all the figures are in, he says that figure will come out closer to $2 million.

The shortfall will be covered through a snow-removal reserve account. That account is propped up with funds from unused budgets in years when cost of snow removal is under $1.7 million.

Astofooroff says the late-December storm pushed snow removal over budget.

Typically, he says, about 70 per cent of the budget is spent early in the year, from January to March. Large, early season storms in November and December are not the norm.

As for the remnants of the latest storm, Astofooroff says all city streets have been plowed at least once. He adds crews are in the process of removing remaining snow from downtown streets.

"You are dealing with really compact stuff. To get it peeled off, you have to use graders. Typically, we bring them out at night," said Astofooroff.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#215284

We get some more storms which we will, I would guess either man up and help out or let the city do all the work. I am all for shovelling myself.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

gsc wrote:Np the offer is there. I managed to do my place and many others in the area that had that same "20 tun truck" leave snow. As stated before if you take smaller chunks and not the whole thing in one shot it's very easy.

Clearly you don't want help and I'm ok with that. But please don't tell me what my self or mechine can and can't do as clearly you have no clue. If you had asked you would see.

It is pretty clear that you never read the original post about what the plow operator did.
Also, I never asked for any help moving snow, nor do I need any.
If you would have read the original post, the 20 ton truck packed a big pile of snow on the road and on top the curb, and it froze there. Your piddly little light weight machine cannot move something that requires much more force than it can apply.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Did you ask for a bobcat to be sent out to remove the snow and ice? They've done that before.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

UltraViolet wrote:
gsc wrote:Np the offer is there. I managed to do my place and many others in the area that had that same "20 tun truck" leave snow. As stated before if you take smaller chunks and not the whole thing in one shot it's very easy.

It is pretty clear that you never read the original post about what the plow operator did.
Also, I never asked for any help moving snow, nor do I need any.
If you would have read the original post, the 20 ton truck packed a big pile of snow on the road and on top the curb, and it froze there. Your piddly little light weight machine cannot move something that requires much more force than it can apply.

Then what are you hoping to accomplish by posting here?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

image006.jpg
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”