Traffic Controller Visability

Home of the traffic rant.
jimmy4321
Guru

Traffic Controller Visability

Post by jimmy4321 »

Why can't flaggers at least sway or move the Slow or Stop sign for the 1st approaching vehicle when a custer :cuss: is coming towards them?
Most of the time their Yellow bodies and RED or YELLOW paddle is frozen still against a backdrop of Red, Yellow and Orange heavy equipment.
Also they should outlaw them paddles and have them attatched to a 6 foot pole. At least when they eventually fatigue they won't hold paddles near waist level.

I go through the same sites daily, and find at some point approaching some of these zones i'm trying to visually pick out these workers. I used to do this kinda worka long time ago and its a bit of a drag, but at least went out of my way to be seen.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Traffic Controller Visability

Post by dirtybiker »

Yup, hard to pick out someone in a reflective suit that stands in amongst
a whole plethora of other reflective safety items (barrels, delineators, etc.)

Some of the smarter flaggers attach lengths of pvc pipe to their paddles.
It sure does help getting that sign waving higher up in the air.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Paying attention when youre driving helps to
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

LTD wrote:Paying attention when youre driving helps to

But.... but... the person that texting me is very important.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

dirtybiker wrote:Yup, hard to pick out someone in a reflective suit that stands in amongst
a whole plethora of other reflective safety items (barrels, delineators, etc.)

That sums up a lot of them that were working on 97 and the Sexsmith area............especially at night and in the rain. Not many had a clue/care but they sure like to yell and give dirty looks. The overweight "butch "ones were the ones to laugh at.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

safe to say most of them ,not all, are not the sharpest tools in the shed
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

They are quite easy to spot. They are the ones with cell phone and cigarette in hand
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

skydawg wrote:They are quite easy to spot. They are the ones with cell phone and cigarette in hand

What hand do they hold the STOP/SLOW sign in? They are there for my safety and I appreciate every one of them.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

I wanted to yell at a flagger today. She was flagging for a good company. Asplundh tree service. So i held back. She was a big girl . Not paying any attention. Holding her sign down. Its not safe for them to be standing in the road if they dont know what is going on.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”