Re: Truck drivers

Home of the traffic rant.
swissboy

Post by swissboy »

Another near miss in Armstrong with a truck driver driving way to fast. This has to stop. How many more people have to get killed because of some of those idiots. They are on a timetable with absolutely no regards to safety.
I would believe that the truck driver union would do everything possible to get them off the roads. It paints a very bad picture for all of them. I think most of the drivers are excellent on the roads but there are some lousy ones which need to be taken off.
Sooner than later would be better. There is NOT enough training going on. They carry heavy and dangerous goods on our highways and I surely don't want to end up as a statistic.
Some of them don't speak or understand the language, don't pay attention to road condition, one just has to watch the news on accidents in the fraser valley and the Coquihalla to see whats going on.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

dashcam video of rig drifting

Post by stuphoto »

I just watched this video of the Super-B drifting around Armstrong
https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/22 ... -on-camera

I personally think the driver who posted it must be a genius, since he somehow knows that it's a loaded truck.
To me, the way it's moving it is either empty or at least light, and I drive trucks.
I am thinking he figures it's a tarped flat deck, when it is a Curtain Sided Van like Home Depot uses at times.

I also love how he says the truck must have been going 120kph, and yet to me it looked like the car behind was going the same speed.

Yes I believe that the truck was pushing the limits a little, however I am also greatful ths driver posting the video isn't a police officer. He would probably give us all tickets saying we are speeding if our cars just look fast.
Loafy

Re: dashcam video of rig drifting

Post by Loafy »

Yeah pretty outrageous...

But if you've ever followed a logging truck from the other end of Lumby this is quite common. That guy was haulin' for sure though easily could have killed the driver with the dashcam... Hopefully is not a private owner/operator. Lets pray that their employer will see this. Revoke that drivers class 1
weedlover

Post by weedlover »

I hope the company that this dummy works for fire him!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

What EVER speed that truck was going, it was clearly too fast if the back trailer veered out like that.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Truck driver did take that corner to fast & is damn lucky the trailer did not go all the way, if it had the vehicle posting this video would have had bigger problems then actually posting this video (he would be most likely dead).

Now I've been watching the video trying to figure out where in either Armstrong or Vernon area its from. Its either somewhere on Hwy 6, Hwy 97 towards Falkland or Silver Creek Rd (its not between Vernon & Enderby).
Last edited by GordonH on Apr 14th, 2018, 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

GordonH wrote:Truck driver did take that corner to fast & is damn lucky the trailer did not go all the way, if it had the vehicle posting this video would have had bigger problems then actually posting this video (he would be most likely dead).

Now I've been watching the video trying to figure out where in either Armstrong or Vernon area its from. Its either somewhere on Hwy 6, Hwy 97 towards Falkland or Silver Creek Rd (its not between Vernon & Enderby).

I too have been looking at the configuration of the truck. The video is of poor quality. Are those "curtain walls"?
Bring back the LIKE button.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

oldtrucker wrote:What is the 'truck driver union' '?
And...ya ,it's a complete unregulated gong show

What happened to the Teamsters Union?
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Bsuds wrote:

The Teamsters have become redundant after the BC WCB (or whatever they call themselves today) and the DOT have made them superfulace. The Teamsters did a great job 40-60 years ago, but government agencies have taken over in matters of safety.
Teamsters today offer very little to their members other than promotion by seniority and access to the hiring hall when and if becoming unemployed.
It's sad to say, as I was a member of the Teamsters local 213 when I was young.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Bsuds wrote:

Still lookin for Jimmy Hoffa.

Dont mess with da Teamsters .... union.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Whats the problem? Big deal the pup leaned over a bit it happens all the time.

Commercial drivers should post all the footage of all the idiot 4 wheel drivers on the road.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”