Thanks to all the candidates for joining us!

Discussion of the Municipal Okanagan elections November 15th.
Jo
Slot 16

Thanks to all the candidates for joining us!

Post by Jo »

I've been trying to keep up with all the candidates who have been signing up and joining in on the conversations, but there are so many now that I've lost track. To each of you: Thank you for participating, and showing that there are still some leaders who take the time to speak directly with the voters. :thewave:
onestop67
Guru

Re: Thanks to all the candidates for joining us!

Post by onestop67 »

It is definitely helping me form my choices of who I am going to vote for. I am keeping track of each candidate as I manage to find info on them. Rating them based on what I am looking for from a candidate.

And while reading over candidate platforms on websites gives an idea of what issues a candidate stands for, it is nice to see them answer direct questions on the forum. Something a little more on the spot than a carefully planned and edited write up on their websites.

And it gives an opportunity to ask questions about issues that they don't address on their website at all.
nellietheelephant
Fledgling

Re: Thanks to all the candidates for joining us!

Post by nellietheelephant »

Jo wrote:I've been trying to keep up with all the candidates who have been signing up and joining in on the conversations, but there are so many now that I've lost track. To each of you: Thank you for participating, and showing that there are still some leaders who take the time to speak directly with the voters. :thewave:

I have challenged a few candidates who joined in the forum.
Jason Rock - stepped right up, he has addressed questions, he wasn't afraid to jump right in.
That is what we need to see. You have my support Jason - because you met my questions and addressed them.
Robert Hobson - read the posts - addressed them. And when he said that he was hurt by some of the comments (not mine) - I totally believe him. I didn't agree with a lot of choices that he made this term, but I do believe that he is absolutely sincere and that he tries to act in the best interests of the citizens of Kelowna.

Let's hope that we see more step up to the firing line - and come out shining!

Nellie

Return to “Civic Elections 2008”