Kelowna Council - General Discussion

Think About It!

Re: Kelowna Council - General Discussion

Post by Think About It! »

General Discussion, really how very nice of you to forget that there are Two Mayoral Candidates
for this 2008 Elections Not just one, if we are to be an informed City about who is running then please say there are these people are running for City Council
and These People are running for Mayor of Kelowna :ohmygod:
Just to be fair I would pick the following:

Kim Ouellette: MAYOR :Direct and clear

Kevin Craig :New Blood
Cystal: Young and Out spoken
Angela Reed: Well balanced
John Mack: Knows Kelowna Farming sector
Michelle Rule: Still loves to look out for social issues
Graham James: fresh insetives for Kelowna
and last but not least Mary- Ann Graham

Seriously! Think About It!
damngrumpy
Übergod

Post by damngrumpy »

To start with, I will not vote for a single incumbant. We need to rid ourselves of the whole lot.
I will support Charlie Hodge, Gunnar Forstrum, and perhaps a couple of others.
The way to vote when there are so many running is to determine who you would really like ot see
on council and vote for only those few names.
For example, you can vote for 8 council seats. Only vote for say 4 or maybe five, and that way
you deny incumbants from picking up the overflow of votes or splitting the vote that favors those who have been there a long time.
I will vote for my dog before voting for the present Mayor, she is for something one day and against it the next, Most people haven't forgotten, how the council voted to appeal the Simpson
covanent, then a few days later the present Mayor is against it. I think the council should come
forward and allow us to know who voted for and against the measure.
I have made up my mind who I will support and who I won't. Those who support the Simpson appeal and those in favor of the CD zone will not get my vote that simple.
rekabis
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by rekabis »

From what I have seen, my other main choice (aside from Marshall) is Birker. I don’t like her personally, but she has her heart in the right place. I believe that she would make a great choice for council.
I am a simple man. My complexity evolves from multitudes.
Tew359

Post by Tew359 »

VOTE FOR ANDREW POWELL
If you want you can e-mail me for free songs!
holdin

Post by holdin »

I will be voting for John Zeger and Mo Rajabally only--I haven't met either of these men and I don't agree with everything they say, but we desperately need a waking at City Hall and these two seem to be the only ones who aren't afraid to speak up to the arrogance of this council and senior staff who somehow have gotten the attiude that they know best and the hell with the rest of us-I definitely will not vote for any of the existing seals who all clap and vote the same way --usually for the developers and lobbists--its time for change.
charliehodge

Post by charliehodge »

Yes. I would check out the different websites of candidates. Mine is www.charliehodge.ca
Also, if you have any questions you can call most candidates, or email them, or show up at a candidates forum and talk to them. Look them in the eye.
My email is [email protected] or [email protected]
my telephone number is 979-7254
Charlie Hodge
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

charliehodge wrote:Yes. I would check out the different websites of candidates. Mine is http://www.charliehodge.ca
Also, if you have any questions you can call most candidates, or email them, or show up at a candidates forum and talk to them. Look them in the eye.
Charlie Hodge

I like the bolded part. :smt023

And Mo Rajabally is another good man. Went to school with his son and daughter. Have known the family for about 30 years. Very intelligent. Honest. Good family values.
Tew359

Post by Tew359 »

onestop67 wrote:
charliehodge wrote:Yes. I would check out the different websites of candidates. Mine is http://www.charliehodge.ca
Charlie Hodge

And Mo Rajabally is another good man. Went to school with his son and daughter. Have known the family for about 30 years. Very intelligent. Honest. Good family values.

Really who cares about Intelligence or honesty. Its about will they make a difference in our community. They may be intelligent and honest but will they make the right decitions on board? Thats my question to you Kelowna. Think about it.
Canadian Cooker

Post by Canadian Cooker »

I've driven around town a lot lately, and is it me or my imagination that I don't see any noticeable signs posted for our incumbent councillors, except maybe a few for Michelle Rule.
You need to be lucky to be good, and good to be lucky.
Tew359

Post by Tew359 »

Canadian Cooker wrote:I've driven around town a lot lately, and is it me or my imagination that I don't see any noticeable signs posted for our incumbent councillors, except maybe a few for Michelle Rule.

I don't know were you have been driving but look all around the highways there are a ton.
Timi
Fledgling

Post by Timi »

Tew359 wrote:
onestop67 wrote:
Charlie Hodge

Really who cares about Intelligence or honesty. Its about will they make a difference in our community. They may be intelligent and honest but will they make the right decitions on board? Thats my question to you Kelowna. Think about it.

So you are voting for dishonesty and stupidity? Who's side are you on anyway? How's that supposed to help our city?
stay real.
Tew359

Post by Tew359 »

Timi wrote:
Tew359 wrote:
onestop67 wrote:
Charlie Hodge

So you are voting for dishonesty and stupidity? Who's side are you on anyway? How's that supposed to help our city?

I'm not saying I am against that but rather we are just thinking "If they are intellegent and honest then they got our vote!" To me that sounds stupid. People need to know that to properly vote you need to be with them on the decisions they will make.
Timi
Fledgling

Post by Timi »

That's right. It is important to choose candidates that are like-minded as yourself; therefore you can feel that their voice is yours on council. I think that is what you mean, right?

Out of the 36 candidates, I think the majority of them are nice, intelligent and honest. So to have people come forward to say they are nice, intelligent and honest, does not give us enough information to narrow down our vote.
stay real.
realagen
Fledgling

Post by realagen »

I have read all the posts and attempted to make a list of those people who appeared to be the least offensive to all of you. Nearly all of the candidates for Council (forget about the mayor--you can read my post on her website) were mentioned. But I need help.
I am a member of the Farmland Defence League of BC. We are very much in favour of the ALR and for keeping farm land in the ALR. If we are to survive the problems of food supply in the future we should all be seriously considering our mandate. The League is making up a list which has gone out to all sectors of the province supporting names of candidates in each municipality that support the ALR. Kelowna is missing from the communities on this list. If any of you have information about the Candidates for Council in Kelowna who are supportive of agriculture, who have experience in agriculture, who are not trying to take their farms out of the ALR, I would appreciate you letting me know on this form or emailing me privately.
[email protected]
Tew359

Post by Tew359 »

Timi wrote:That's right. It is important to choose candidates that are like-minded as yourself; therefore you can feel that their voice is yours on council. I think that is what you mean, right?

Out of the 36 candidates, I think the majority of them are nice, intelligent and honest. So to have people come forward to say they are nice, intelligent and honest, does not give us enough information to narrow down our vote.

I couldn't of said it better. =)

Return to “Kelowna”